Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Veggies, Tears, and Yoga....Oh My: Week 15

(As promised, here's our kpLOVE Christmas songs from 2011.)

It's unbelievable how much better I'm feeling this week. I'm cooking. I'm checking things off my to-do list. I'm even eating vegetables and salads!!!! But my favorite part about this week is the new gym Patrick and I joined (Lifetime. We used to be members at another location but quit when we moved, and until recently, had no clue there was another one close to us. If you can afford an actual yoga studio that has prenatal yoga classes, then more power to you, but they are flipping expensive and none of them offer child care, so I'd have to quit as soon as Cotton arrives!!! ) has allowed me do go to so many yoga classes!!! Vinyassa Yoga, Body Sculpt Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Slow Flow Yoga, you name it, I've been there........except Hot Yoga, which I think I'm suppose to steer clear from. All the stretching, deep breathing, and muscle building is really helping my tailbone feel better, and as always, I feel so mentally invigorated afterwards.
 Another great thing is I've discovered a birthing technique to put all my yoga skills to use, Hypobabies. The name sounds a little kooky, but I've read great first hand testimonies, watched inspiring interviews from practitioners, and even reached out on a pregnancy board to personally ask women about their experiences and if they've done it in a hospital setting. Their responses were all positive and very informative. I guess it could best be described as meditating one's way through labor, which in-turn helps relax the body and promote progression and is suppose to help keep pain tolerable. It's a process that takes a great deal of dedication, though, like practicing the meditation process for an hour a day throughout the latter part of pregnancy. But remember that one time when I accidentally went to a meditation class (that usually costs extra money, but I got to do it for free because I didn't know where I was until it was over)? I loved it, and felt so relaxed and rested afterwards (which they say if you do it right, an hour of meditation is just as restful as a 3 hour nap). We have about 8 weeks until we actually need to start the program, but I wanted to explore our options early, to get a feel for what's out there.
Off topic, but not really, do you ever feel so hungry that you start to get scared if you were to kiss your husband, you may actually bite his lips off for a snack instead. And he's being all lovey-dovey because he likes you so much, so you have no choice but to treat him a little meaner than normal, and he doesn't understand that the reason you're being so nasty towards him is because you're actually trying to protect him from seeing your cannibalistic side? Yeah......me neither....(or do I??)
And lets just touch base on my hormones for a brief moment, like how they made me cry during The Little Mermaid. (Yes, I was watching it without any children around. No, that's not weird.) The worst part is I tried to tell my girlfriends about it the next day and I couldn't even tell them which part ignited all the emotional drama when they asked because I started crying all over again!!! Which brings me to my next point: you know just how awesome your girlfriends are when they can actually guess which scene made you cry! Let's just say they got a really good laugh at my expense out of that one!

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger