Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year Lessons

Starting at the ripe old age of 18 I starting work in the Trauma unit, and quickly became conditioned to seeing a slew of horrible things happen to people of all ages. I kept at it for a few years, since then moving on to somewhat happier places, but I didn't move on without a few lessons ingraining in my memory, a couple being: 1. Youth is not invincible. 2. It's best to just stay off the roads during the holidays. 
Also, please be safe and don't attempt this at home. No injuries occurred in the making of this post, but it's poor practice to pose for pictures while using sharp motorized objects. 
I learned a couple of things at the White House NYE slumber party:
1. I am terrible at trivia if it doesn't involve multiple choice.
2. I never want to play the game Trivial Pursuit of the 90's ever again because it made me feel like I have an IQ of 20 or less. 
 Pocahontas and her wind-pant wearing husband blew me away with their legit knowledge on what I have always considered to be useless information, but at this moment, I was severely jealous that I too wasn't full of expendable facts of decades past. 
What I am full of, is love for this guy. 
And I guess there's room for Bobby and Sumo to squeeze in too. 
We've been saying for months we wanted to sing Karaoke, so we finally got around to a ghetto home version. 
And boy did we get in to it!
While we channeled our inner rocker, the boys mostly watched......
Prolly admiring how amazingly talented we are.......
All that dancing really worked up an appetite, so we made nachos and cookies to revamp the enthusiasm.

And before we knew it, it was well past everyone's bed time. 4 am to be exact. 
3. The older I get the longer it takes to recover from an all-nighter. (You'd think I'd know this by now, but apparently it's taking me a while to let this particular lesson soak in, since it hasn't stopped me yet.)

Do you enjoy Trivial Pursuit or any other trivia games? Karaoke: yay or nay?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger