Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The D is Silent (Project Pretty Week 2)

(Project pretty is a personal commitment to share my weekly journey of keeping my non-New-Year's-Resolution: staying fit to improve quality of life while inspiring others to do the same. Let's all jump on the endorphin wagon!)

Back when Callie was an only dog-child, I always wanted to get another so she could have a canine companion to play with and keep her company for those times when Patrick or myself couldn't be around. When Sumo first came along, Callie despised having to share. She snubbed him in every way. But that boy is a born lover with perseverance and eventually wedged his way into her stubbornly selfish little heart. Now they're a conniving team, combining their individual strengths, weaknesses, and cute-factors to get whatever it is they want. You know that term "two is better than one"? Well, sometimes it's true, and sometimes it's just a pain in the ass. 
You see, my dogs know the difference between regular shoes and running shoes, work clothes and work-out clothes. They know what a damn sports bra is. They even have telepathic powers that can detect when I so much as think the words "outside, walk, or run". They're also full size, athletic yorkies, leaving me with no excuse to leave them behind if I know I'm only going a few miles.
And as much as I enjoy their adorable passion for smelling their way through the world while pretending they're on a mission to hunt down anything that moves, sometimes it's nice to just go out by my lonesome. Liberating is actually a more acutely accurate word. 
So I pushed my guilt aside, had Patrick distract the fur babies, and snuck out to hit the pavement; just me and my Black Keys Radio for the next 45 minutes. Those 4 miles were all about feeling focused (ya, I'm a bit pokey), and I loved every minute of it. (My knees however, did not, and I was forced to walk backwards down the stairs for the next 2 days, despite my prophalactic icing.)
I followed up that me-time with going to the movies for the first time in ages, accompanied by my lil bro to see Django Unchained (the "D" is silent......which I didn't know, and must have sounded like a fool when I bought our tickets) and ate my weight in popcorn smothered with delectable liquid cholesterol.  Quentin Tarantino might have outdone himself on this one; I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie so good. It literally was so captivating, I didn't even notice it was 3 hours long until we got in the car and I had to ask Dusty if his truck clock was correct.

What's the last best movie you saw??
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger