Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Pretty (Week 1)

Whether or not it classifies me as a certified snob, I don't make New Year resolutions because I find it severely clique. Oh ya.......also because 99% of the population never follows through with them and the last thing I need is another statistic to fall into. But I was thinking it would be fun and self propelling to start a new project (agh-humm.....fake cough.....NOT a resolution) for 2013. 
I shall call it Project Pretty. 
No matter how I actually appear on the outside, I feel much more confident, when I do something to get my body moving. On the inside I feel accomplished; on the outside my image in the mirror shrinks from a size 9 to a size 6 (not that size matters, but perception is everything). A smile comes more easily when floating through a sea of endorphins, and although I know all of these things, sometimes I still need a little motivation to steer clear of a rut.
So from now on, I'm going to dedicate one post a week to physical activity and see where it leads.......hopefully no where dreadfully mundane. 
 This week I bundled up the dogs and took cousin A to a running trail nestled in the Spring Creek Natural Area. It's right down the road from our home and walking distance from Patrick's work. Pretty corporate buildings on the outskirts, beautiful outdoor scenery on the inside. In other words, the best of both worlds, minus the road noise.....but who hears road noise when they're jamming to their favorite motivating tunes?
On a random note, I'm stoked to find this place, since it means I now have a pretty park close by with lots of shade to run in when the dreaded summer months inevitably make their appearance this year.

Do you listen to different styles of music depending on what kind of workout you're doing? Pandora or playlist? 


 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger