Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lucky, All the Way Around

We celebrated Mother's day twice. One with Patrick's side, over chips and salsa, margaritas, and sopapias.
The Chuy's Mexican food was way better tasting than my hair looked. I don't know what happened to it. I swear I washed it only hours earlier; it wasn't even raining outside or anything....it's a good think I had plenty of wigs to wear later that night to disguise it. 
The other with my side, over fresh deep fried catfish, french fries, spicy beans, and homemade peach cobbler with just churned vanilla ice-cream. 
I'd say all in all, it was a pretty good weekend for delicious food consumption in honor of celebrating our one-and-only-special-to-the-core-only-worthy-of-the-best-of-the-best-Mothers, of course. Accompanied by some front porch sittin', naturally. 
I may not be a biological mother to anyone but,
 I provide, just as a mother would, for my puppies.
I nurture, just as a mother would, at work. 
I cook, just as a mother would, for my husband. 
I love, just a mother would, most of the world. 
And I've been lucky in the mother department. 
All the way around. 

What did you do this year to let your mother figure know she's appreciated?



 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger