Thursday, May 24, 2012

Buried Deep......And I Don't Care!

Like "Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care," except for....who would care if Jimmy cracked corn anyway? That song should be about something we would actually care about. Like....."Jimmy cut cheese and I don't care," because  it would be more significant a statement if I didn't care someone just farted next to me. It'd have to mean I loved them a lot.
I've got a strange feeling I'm about to ramble a bit. Try to follow as I spiral, a randomized thought process that women do that links continuous thoughts together.......
I gave up trying to resist the urge to bury myself in a book. Sometimes I cut myself off because it's easy to forget about the planet I live on when I read, but lately I've allowed myself to be a complete addict for 4 and a half books in a row..........
First, I'll admit to reading another Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich....yeah, it's my 15th book of that series to read, but I just need to know who she chooses in the end!....Morrelli or Ranger.....? She finally said "I love you" in this last book. Baby steps, people, baby steps. (I've yet to watch One for the Money, the movie based on the first book of the series.)
Then I read The Host.......**sound effects please: dun dun dunnnnnnnn** by Stephenie Meyer. During the first couple of chapters I had to concentrate really hard, but then it really takes off into a strange survival story with an interesting twist on the age ol' love triangle......I never thought I'd feel so compassionate about an alien. (And I just heard they are making it into a movie!! Exciting!)
I enjoyed The Host so thoroughly, I decided I wanted to read something else by the same author, so I caved to reading the Twilight Saga Series. I've seen 3 of the 4 movies, out of order like the dummy I am, and thought it would be more interesting to know what Bella was thinking in her head in relation to her love triangle predicament. I'm currently on the third book, Eclipse.....
Which reminds me.....Who saw the eclipse Sunday evening?!?! I'm so mad I didn't know about it until it was over! If only I would have checked my Facebook page, I would have known in time!! I was probably reading instead.....
Speaking of books, has anyone heard the rumble about 50 Shades of Grey? What do you think about it? Have you read it yet? I think it may be next on my list.
Back to Stephenie (Meyer, not Plum), I love how closely she relates music that inspires her to her writing. At the very end of her books, she lists songs that she pairs to the progressing scenes......a sound track for her book. It's the first time I've ever seen such a thing. And we have similar taste in music. I like her.
I have to be very careful, though. It's easy to get lost in a world that doesn't exist, and miss out on things that do, such as this............
Patrick made me the most delicious beer can chicken, and Callie and Sumo found the dripping juices behind the grill. Now we have two very greasy, but sweet (with liquidized brown sugar) puppies.


So, have you heard of 50 Shades of Grey? Have you read any good books lately that I should read? Do you watch have a preference to which version you of the story you are exposed to first: Movie before Book or Book before Movie??



 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger