Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm Growing into a Sasquatch!!!

Oh, how I love lazy Sundays with the side door wide open, letting the light breeze and sweet sound of wind chimes flow into our cozy little living room. I was enjoying it all on our amazing couch while reading my Kindle, but Patrick hates it when I read. For some reason we can sit and watch t.v. or listen to music for hours without saying a word, and it's completely different. He says it's because I'm in a different world when I read. True. 
I just finished reading The Help. It took quite an adjustment of mind set, after my last literal adventure, but by the time I pushed past the slang language and developed a bond with the characters, the drama finally kicked in enough to catch my attention. It's story was bittersweet. It's moral, a deep meaningful one. And reading the author's note at the end, just made it even more real. I had my mom bring over the movie, so I could compare the two while it was fresh on my mind, and I couldn't help but push the pause button every 15 minutes to tell her "what really happened". 
Isn't our Sumo Wrestler so adorable? 
We grilled open faced Bison burgers with veggies and turkey bacon, accompanied by a delicious salad and beans with Rotel. Did you know in Australia they don't have Rotel? What a sad compromise. I'd trade Kangaroos and Tarantulas for spicy tomatoes in a can any day of the week!
For the life of me, I can't remember this guy's name, but he holds a record in the Guinness Book of World Records for doing one of these maneuvers. I think my mouth was open (to devour my butter saturated popcorn), while my face was all scrunched up in imagined pain while I watched him do all of this. The funny thing is, he was practically smiling the entire time. 
It's truly inspirational to watch someone so strong, and think about all the hard work he dedicated to get where he is today. 
It makes me feel like a pansy.......
The days are getting fewer between me and the half marathon. Every week I think I've ran all my body will ever allow, and the next week, I somehow extend my long run by an entire mile while managing to even increase the amount of incline and speed. 
And that's not the only thing that's been increasing! 
The size of my feet seem to be growing. About 7 years ago, I stopped trying to squeeze into a 9.5 shoe and accepted the fact that I need a size 10. It's not a bad size. It puts a slight limitation on style, but nothing I can't live with. When I got fitted for running shoes a few weeks back, they increased my running shoe size to 10.5's. Now, I can't even wear my 10 running shoes to work, they just feel too small, and my toes are sore even after running in my 10.5's................I think I even had a blister under one of my toenails. So I bought size 11's! 
I officially have sasquatch feet. 
Last week I ran 8 miles in 90 minutes on a 0.5-3% incline while keeping my heart rate less then 180bpm. I burned over 1000 calories! The first 6 miles were fine. Mile 7 was hard. Mile 8 was brutal. I had a sexy limp for the next few hours (which now I know is my I.T. Band giving me hell). And I felt a huge sense of accomplishment......until the next day, when I remembered that just meant this week I have to run 9 miles!!!
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. 
At least I have pictures of this guy to give me a little motivation, right?

What do you use as your motivation? What's the last book you read?
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger