Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sometimes I Forget Things.......Wal-Lah!

Sooo....I think the local Kroger's bakery department may have been sipping the funny juice when they were labeling these. "Why Cook Tonight? **Deli rotisserie Chicken"?.......Weirdest looking, cheapest chicken I've ever seen. Maybe they're chicken flavored chocolate cookies? Or maybe they are trying to redirect the cookie cravers to the deli section? I'm still baffled.
I cannot believe I forgot to tell you about this Apple Coleslaw I made. It's been over a month since I thought I mentioned it, but not until a friend pointed out she couldn't find the recipe on my blog, and I got on to show her how blind she was, did I realize that I'm the real dope. My bad. 
I used the Weight Watchers base recipe and put a kpLOVE spin on it, of course. It's basically pure veggies, but with a sweet ring to it that will make you think you just ate a summer dessert. 
Ingredients:
1 Bag Broccoli Slaw
1 Handful Shredded carrots
2 Chopped Gala Apples
Few generous shakes of Poppy Seed
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
6 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Pepper to Taste

Directions:
Combine Broccoli Slaw, carrots, apples and poppy seed in large bowl with a lid. 
Mix Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, sugar and pepper in a container you can shake the hell out of. 
Pour the dressing you just made on to bowl of veggies, top off with the lid, and, "Shake shake shake....shake shake shake....shake those veggies....shake those veggies!!!"
(I procrastinated my first attempt at this recipe, because the original version says to refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. I think that is a bunch of hoity crap. I ate it straight from the bowl as soon as I made it, and it tasted fantastic.)

Next on the agenda is what I like to call Hogs in a Blanket (as seen above). They laugh in the face of Pigs in a Blanket. They make Pigs in a Blanket look like Turds in a Blanket

Ingredients:
1 Can Cressiant Roll Dough
Few slices of Provolone Cheese
Your favorite Smoked Sausage (I did a batch using jalepeno smoked sausage, and a batch using garlic smoked sausage; both were delicious, preference was just according to personal taste.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Slice sausage link a few inches long (about as wide as the width of the cressiant rolls), throw in skillet and cook until nice and crusty.
Lay your uncooked cressaint triangles on a greased pan and place half a slice of provolone cheese on top of each cressiant. 
Place sausage pieces on top and wrap the dough around it. 
Cook in oven until golden brown (whatever your can of cressaint dough says).


Wal-Lah!!!



 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger