Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Promise For-Real this Time: Last One


     Have you ever seen such a thing? This guy had some serious creep factor written all over his mask. I'm getting the heebbeejeebee's just looking at this picture!!! He drove behind us on our way to Waco, and I wanted to slap him after giving him a lecture for not wearing a helmet, especially while sporting a mask creepy enough to halt traffic into causing a wreck!
     I know I said I wouldn't talk about Christmas anymore until next year, but sometimes I lie. We had one LAST celebration to undertake with some extended family. We learned a few things while we were there.

1.Boys are really, really, good at catching cheese balls in their mouths; we had a cheese ball catching tournament. 
2. Everyone in the family cares more about football than me, but that was probably already common knowledge.
3. It's ridiculous how much older the girls look every year; deep down I know this, but it always blows my mind. 
4. No matter how many years you've been married, The Newlywed Game is always tricky, and when Patrick has had a few beers he doesn't mind saying inappropriate things in front of a censored audience!
     After foo-foo Christmas, the men and women split into different rooms and we were quizzed by Aunt B and Uncle Larry for a friendly game of Newlyweds. To put it mildly, I think we all have a bit of a competitive streak, but nothing can change the fact that no matter how many years you've been married: the man will ALWAYS think differently than the woman. It was a pretty close run, but Patrick and I didn't win. I'm contributing part of this blame to myself, for working crazy hours, and part of the blame to my dear husband for saying things like, "When she's on top of me naked", for an answer..........without proclaiming "earmuffs" first. I hope the preteens in the room already received the "birds and the bees" talk, because if not, we may be in trouble. 

Any good embarrassing family stories out there to tell?
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger