Friday, May 20, 2011

Life is a Like a Box of Chocolates

Update:
     Belly full to avoid crankiness, coffee in hand and hopefully better mentally prepared, I arrived at my second DPS office for the morning. I decided to avoid the chaotic mid-Plano office and head to an unlisted site I was told about. An eerie feeling of too-good-to-be-true came over me as I walked directly to the front desk without waiting behind a soul. My gut was right. "We don't do driver's licenses here," the lady informed me. So I decided to be adventurous and try my luck at yet a 3rd location. I found myself in what appeared to be little Korea-town, which is only an ignorant assumption based on the scribbly gibberish titling all the store signs in site. I found unfortunately that the famous phrase remains true, "The grass isn't greener......" This grass actually had less seating, and more people willing to verbally complain about the out of control wait and lack of organization. I couldn't help but think, "This would be the ideal time to have that Nintendo DS I've always wanted!" I did, however, get to witness my first posterior upper neck mustache (a sight for sore eyes), listen to a lady beside me loudly explain her entire current life and love affairs to a friend over the phone, and chat with a sweet elderly fellow about a humorous life experience he felt the urge to share with the cute girl in the pigtails (that’s me). The worst part of my three day experience (this may be vain but true), is they ended with the last laugh when the lady made me step in front of the blue screen of shame and have my picture taken. After a 12 hr shift! In scrubs, make-up-less, and hair pinned back in pigtails. My prime moment of raw material to be shoved back in my face every time I have to show my ID (this is to replace my super cute photo on my very UN-expired license, and after I showed up 2 times in decent condition). I might as well have just rolled out of bed to take that picture; which brings to mind another saying from that classic movie we all love, "Life is like a box of chocolates....................."
      So since it's Friday and it’s my only day off, I suppose I'll mix some spiked lemonade from all the lemons I've been given the last few days, and make some sweet music with my hunny (to be taken as an actual literal comment). At least that's something to look forward to.
Like my momma always says, "Moral of this story?"
      NEVER LOSE YOUR DRIVERS LISENCE!!
    EVER!!!!
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger