Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Now I'm Jealous

Mid-November finally brought cold enough temperatures at night to bring my plants in.
I have no idea what kind of cactus this is that my mom gave me, but I love it and it loves me. It just keeps growing and growing and growing.....my theory is it wants to be taller than me so we can slow dance together in the living room like two beings in love should do.
I really didn't know I was the plant lady until I brought all my pots inside and realized I had nowhere to put them. So obviously this meant Jess and I needed to go junk shopping.
We decided it was time to bring back the bird cage hats, so we tried a couple on. I'm pretty sure we look like a million bucks in them and everyone should jump on this classy bandwagon.
Patrick is all about "not having too much crap" and I'm all about "having lots of cool crap in every nook and cranny visible to the human eye so we can look around and go 'ooooo, look at that' and 'aaaaaahhhh that's super amazing'", so I found some creative things to showcase the plants, but can be tucked away during the warmer months.
Successful marriage is all about compromise, people.
The cute little flower painting on the old wooden ironing board to hold my flowers was calling my name so hard I had to go back the next day and get it.
Our new biggest conflict is Patrick always wanting the blinds closed tight, and me unselfishly wanting the blinds open....for the sake of Vitamin D, photosynthesis, and everything holy. It's like Groundhog's Day in our house. Every afternoon he closes them, and every morning I open them again, and again, and again, and.....well you get the point.
Can't we just leave them open and wear clothes around the house so people wont see any surprise body parts at night?!?!?! (P.S. I'm the worst at walking by people's house at night and peeking inside the open blinds, just to confirm that my house is decorated cuter than theirs......not to see if anyone is walking around naked)
But with all the shopping, I saw something that made me jealous. I was just bragging about my Christmas cactus having a bloom, and then I saw an entire shelf full of Christmas cacti at Walmart and every single one of them had about about 20 blooms. I'm a genius at math, so I'll break that down for you.......that's 79 (give or take) more blooms than mine has!

Is my cactus stunted? Should I just be glad it's alive, or want more from it? Do I need to fertilize it or will it catch up in it's own time?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger