Monday, November 19, 2012

It's Me Again (That Nerd You Know)



Hi. I'm Kayla, and I'm a nerd-a-holic.
Sometimes people tell me they think I'm cool, but I think it's on days their contacts are distorting their vision....or mini aliens are controlling their brain, like in the book The Host (which I can't wait for the movie debut this spring), or the movie Men in Black (the scene where the man's head opens and a cute little alien is controlling the body like it's a massive tractor).
I swear my house was freezing. I slept with a heating pad and an extra blanket on my side of the bed and still had teeth chattering moments. After hibernating downstairs in fleece p.j.'s under my fuzzy blanket on our ice cold leather couch, I decided to brave the weather to get supplies to make chili.
Up the stairs I went, turning off all the fans before stripping (didn't want to carve any unnecessary holes into anything with my nips). I put on my coziest hoodie. Nope, not good enough. I took the hoodie off and put on a tank top, then the hoodie again. That'll do Donkey, that'll do. 
It's bad when you go to Wal-mart and people are looking at you like you're the crazy one. I noticed everyone had short sleeve shirts on......except me. The guy handing out baskets looked at me sympathetically, like I may have been mentally disabled, and sweetly greeted me with, "Staying warm today, huh?"
Ugh. Sigh. Head drop.
On this day, I was a total nerd dressed in a hoodie with exuberant sun shining 60-something degree weather.
I swear it was cold in my house. I should probably look to see if my husband had the air conditioner set to 50F (which probably wouldn't be far from the truth).
I am a nerd and a half......but I'm okay with it, if you're okay with it.

Have you done anything that made you feel extra silly lately?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger