Thursday, August 2, 2012

S'more Peacefulness Please

My countdown has began.
It's officially the hottest month of the year, and I will be doing everything in my power to push through it with as much grace as possible......like leaving the state for slightly cooler places.
Tomorrow we'll be on our way to visit our friends in Colorado for a week, which means I'll me M.I.A. Please try to find a way to get by without me.
Last weekend, we high-tailed it to the river to hang out with my parents and celebrate Bobby's 30th birthday!
We passed the time with a 8 mile kayaking trip down the Brazos River, the place I call home.
Everyone fished, except me. Truth is, I despise having to remove my own fish from the hook, and buying a liscense to fish for one day just didn't seem worth it to me, when intsead, I could tie a rope onto Patrick's kayak and let him paddle me down the river while I take a nap in the sun.
 (Not to mention, we had to make an extra trip to Academy, becuase Patrick lost his fishing liscense, pay an extra $10 for a replacement that will expire before he ever gets to use it again, and all for him to find his original copy as soon as we get out to the river. It was in my zebra bag, so he's blaming the whole ordeal on me for not emptying my bags from our last trip.)
But since I didn't even paddle for 4 miles of the trip, I officially have zero complaints.
Speaking of silly things boys do, Bobby lost his rented paddled while we were pikniking on a little island for lunch, so Jessica had to tie onto his kayak for the rest of the way!
 If it's not one thing, it's always another.
 Nature's beauty makes everything better.
The highlight of my entire weekend, besides getting to spend time with some of my favorite people, was making smores with Jessica. It was too hot outside to build a fire, so we just used what was left dwindling in the smoker after dinner.
If there is a way someone could invent a way to make vegatables taste exactly like smores, I would pay them every cent to my name.
They may still be poor after that, but they could feel rich with happiness knowing they made me the happiest girl on the planet. It's never too hot for fire on a marshmallow!!
Jessica likes hers just as burnt as I do!
Sunday morning, we made homemade breakfast tacos, and then headed home for an afternoon of napping, lounging, and movie watching.
I'd say it was a pretty great weekend. 
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger