Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bold and Fresh Chicken Salad: Wallah

When Summer-time hits, it's absolutely necessary to add some chicken salad to your life. And it just so happens, I make delicious chicken salad. 
I've made it for a couple of occasions so far this year, and have gotten so many OOO's and AAAA's over it, I thought maybe I'd share my secret. 

Ingredients:
  • 3 Chicken Breast, thawed, boiled in water, then chopped
  • 4-5 Eggs, hard boiled, then chopped
  • 1-2 Gala Apples, chopped with skin on
  • 1 package of Honey Roasted Sliced Almonds
  • Sour Cream
  • Mayonnaise
  • 1/2-3/4 package Ranch Dressing Mix
  • Garlic Powder
  • Black Pepper


Directions:

Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl (adjusting number of eggs and apples per size and preference). Then add your sour cream and mayo, half and half proportions to desired consistency (I believe this is crucial to flavor, but completely personal). To finish, add the last 3 ingredients, seasoning to taste. 

WAL-LAH!!!

Now you have a bold but refreshing chicken salad ready to lighten up anyone's day with lettuce wraps, as I featured above, on crackers, made into a sandwich, my husband's favorite.............or just straight from the spoon, as I caught my mom devouring it a couple of weekends ago!


What's your favorite way to eat chicken salad? Do you have a special ingredient?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger