Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What Do Toes and Communication Have in Common?

Let's take a stereo type test, shall we? Based on the toenail size of the two feet pictured below, which foot do you think belongs to the bigger person? Purple (left), or Blue (right)?
Ahhh......
Mis-communication...... Misconception......
They exist among us in abundance, which is probably why they make us take so many classes beating us over the head with a stick, teaching the same lessons of how to talk to people while not passing preconceived or misguided judgement. 
My point is, despite our hectic lifestyles, it's important to take the time to make sure the people in our life are adequately informed. Technology can make or break this, tread carefully.
But you can over-communicate, my friends. Like when a random lady told me last week at the park that my dogs were too little to be running with me. Mind your own beeswax lady. Just because they are small doesn't mean they couldn't out run anyone you know any day, as long as the weather is nice and the distance is <5 miles. Besides, they BEGGED me to go on this run. 
Just in the last two weeks, due to lack of adequate communication or misuse of technology, these things happened:
  •  I accidentally left a friend abandoned at a park instead of meeting for our morning run....
  • A friend didn't make it to our lake trip because he thought we stood him up.....
  • Something else happened that I can't remember, because I forget things easily, which is why I have to document my life via blog....
  • I almost got stood up to a pedicure date, but she ended up showing 30 minutes late....

We've got to do better. 

P.S. The long toes with nubby nails belong to me, ranking in at 5' 7.5''. The record size toenails belong to my tiny friend who measures in at a whopping 4' 11''. We laughed so hard at the difference in our toenail sizes that we almost cried. Actually I really did cry, because I'm extremely jealous that she runs just as much as me and still has toenails.....half of mine are merely painted skin....and it didn't help that the nail-guy tried to make me feel better by saying he is missing his pinky toenail. No one cares about guy toenails. 



How do you think you rank on communication skills? If you are a runner, please share, how many toenails are you lucky enough to still have? Did you get the toenail question correct?



 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger