Friday, June 10, 2011

"You used to be Much Muchier"

     Do you like make believe places; places that really utilize the imagination, reminding you of when you were a kid and Disney movies were so magical and real, if you just closed your eyes and believed hard enough it might all come true; with vibrant colors, quirky characters, and things that are fascinatingly cool because they shouldn't make sense but in this world there is no questions asked?

I do!

     I love make believe. I remember spending hours outside just pretending up anything I could imagine. I love to read and design the entire world myself. But I can't change my own surroundings anymore like I used to. I can only try and alter my perception of my surroundings. The closest I come to being in another world is with a good book, or watching a good Tim Burton movie, especially if it's in 3-D. I LOVE Alice in Wonderland (AND Batman, Beetlejuice {I used to beg my mother to rent this for me every single time we went to the store to get a movie. I can't believe she never bought it for me. She would usually say, "let's try out a different movie today", but EVERY now and then she would give in!}, Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryJames and the Giant Peach . . . . . . pretty much all his movies). I was watching Alice in Wonderland the other day and it never fails to break my heart when the Mad Hatter asks her to stay in Wonderland because he adores her so much and she goes back to her crappy real life instead. "Do you know why I raven is like a writing desk?", he asks with the saddest little eyes. Johnny did such a great job at making the Hatter a lovable yet "mad" character.

     Don't even get me going on how much a like Johnny Depp! If you've never seen Finding Neverland, and you are a fellow make-believe admirer like myself, do me a favor and make time in your life to enlighten yourself with that movie. It won't be a waste.
     I was put to the test, being forced to exercise my real life imagination skills last night. (Just know that although I have never bought anything from the cafeteria downstairs during a shift, I couldn't if I wanted to because IT'S CLOSED!!! Nightshift workers don't need extra food options, isn't that obvious??) I had just sat down to enjoy my left-overs when I reached for my drink and managed to spill the entirely full cup into my tubaware container filled with jalapeno cheese sausage, and splashed a bit into my cheese potato soup as well. "Oh no!!!!" As I had no other food options, I put my sausage (which was already conveniently cut up into small pieces and had completely absorbed the benefiber infused fruit punch flavored juice) on top of my salad and pretended that the sweet flavor was nothing less than the finest Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette salad dressing. It was a stretch, but do-able; miles from enchanting. Not exactly the type of make-believe I prefer to exercise, but when duty calls!
     ***This dummy also put two caramel hershey kisses in her only scrub pocket at the begining of her shift to enjoy later as a treat, and forgot they ever existed, to find in the morning her cell phone, keys, and chapstick were completely covered with melted chocolate and carmel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . guess why?***

Oh yeah, and "GO MAVS!!!" I wore my lucky Mav's shirt (featured in this last blog) to work for game night and it paid off.
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger