Monday, April 4, 2011

Baseball and Itches


TEXAS....RANGERS......AMERICA! Salute!

Potty real-estate
      You know when you have that pesky itch and try as you might, but just can't pinpoint it's origin? "I think maybe it's my arm, nope! Maybe my back....to the left, to the right....not quite right!" You start scratching everywhere to find that sweet spot. Well, that's how I feel about where I want to settle down; it's like that untraceable itch. Do I want to live in Plano...?...Austin...?..Denver..?..Los Angeles...?...somewhere in-between???????? If we settle down in Texas, will I ever be truley satisfied with our lives or wish we moved to better scenery with more outdoor things to do that encouraged a healthy and active way of living. Or if we settle down in Denver will I one day regret raising children further than a 2hr drive away from their grandparents, or maybe decide I don't like the cold as much as I think I do? If we settle in LA, will we be able to live in an area that had a descent school district for our children? What if we don't even have children!? We would love to for sure, but what if that is not a part of God's plan despite what "we want"? The problem is, eventually locating a bodily itch is still much more a quicker achievement than knowing if you've picked the right place to settle down and raise a family. I'm fine with having adult responsibilities..... BILLS     -    CHORES       -    WORK          -      WHATEVER....... the only thing I've ever struggled with, is knowing where the heck I want to live. I take that back; it was a lie. I know where I want to live, but I don't know where I should live.
People watching, look at this guy!
     So, on a way less seriously note: when is it considered acceptable having a drink before noon you ask? I can think of a couple of times. When you're on vacation anything goes; and when it's Opening Day for the Rangers, it's a MUST! Patrick and I went to our first opening day together on Friday and had an absolute blast. We took a town car to the ballpark, arriving at 10am before the crowds piled in, laid out our picnic blanket under the trees on a beautiful day and proceeded to spend the next 4hours people watching, catching some rays and playing with our new camera. To top off the Rangers winning, we found out one of my co-workers and her boyfriend have the same partial season tickets as we do in the same section and row as us! So fun. We all went to Hooters afterwards and I had my first Hooters hot wings! Crazy, I know, but I am a fish and chips kind of girl.

Deisel loving on Sumo
      Saturday afternoon, we had a play date with our old friends Krystal and Justin and each of us got to introduce our new additions to the families. They have a new fur ball named Lilly that is so adorable and their 75lb dog Diesel fell in love with Sumo. They were instant buds, laying together bellies up in the grass playing while Diesel gave Sumo a puppy bath!  The big people ate fajitas, got caught up over some wine and finished the night off on the porch with a fire and delicious smores. (I have a love affair with smores. When we had a gas stove, I used to make them just to get a taste, but that fire flavor is irreplaceable!) When we finally made it home Callie and Sumo both fell asleep in record time.
     I had no worries about the super busy weekend, thinking I had 6 days off to recover, but finding myself at work instead is definitely not anything to complain about. I got great experience getting to go back and help on a complicated multiples delivery, and making the money to pay for my new toy (camera) is bonus. My only regret is not getting to make my hunny a milk-shake like I had promised, but I will make it up to him soon.  
Jessica and Bobby, happy since the "boneless pickles arrived"!

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger