Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bug Free and Proud of it!

     Ever have that feeling like a bug is crawling on you, but it in all reality there is nothing there. I got that false alarm tonight. It brought back the creepy crawly memory of a time when Patrick and I were brand new and cuddling together in my bed at mine and Amanda's old apartment on Lake Shore Dr. At the time, I thought, oh, it's just nothing........UNTIL.......I sat up, and a roach came running out of my hair and scurried across my pillow. It wasn't just a tiny baby roach either, as if that would make it any better. Oh No. It was a super-duper-Texas-forest-grown-water-bug-style roach. I reacted the way any female in her right mind would, of course, and freaked out, jumping around like a sissy, and screaming to my now-shocked-boyfriend to murder something that, for as far as he knew, could have been a pigment of my imagination. Instead of convincing me to get over it, becuase "where there's one, there's a hundred million" (the amazing peice of comfort my mom gave me when I called her for consolement), he was so sweet to actually take everything out from under my bed and spend a half hour hunting for it, just to make me feel better, as I watched safely from the dining room table. That's one of the first vibes I got that he was a sweet and caring person. Little did he know that going through such efforts to kill a roach would mean so much to a girl he barely knew, and would one day marry.
     I hate roaches with a deep passion. More honestly, I'm completely, utterly, and undeniably terrified of them; so terrified, that I can't even kill them. The crunch sends cringdes through my body. As clean as we kept that apartment, we couldn't keep the bugs out. You know that Orchid commercial where the roach crawls on the T.V screen and at first you think its real, until you realize its just part of the commercial? Well that happened at this apartment, only the roach that time was REAL. I managed to trap it under a DVD case and a can of orange soda, while Patrick kept me calm on the phone and I nervously watched the roach confining contraption until Amanda's boyfriend came home and killed it for me! I started to develop bug nightmares and nearly became as insane as Ahsley Judd and Michael Shannon in Bug (insane movie).  I once watched an episode of Newlyweds, a reality show where couples went through challenges together to win $50,000, and one of the challenges was to transport these roaches from one place to another in a amount of time using nothing but their hands and the clothes on their backs. That would be one challenge that I would forfit without question, even if I was gauranteed to win the $50,000. Not worth it.


     Our apartment in Plano, I'm proud to say, is entirely bug free. It's spring so I retired our winter wreath and made a new one a few weeks ago. I went to Hobby Lobby, hoping to find one on sale, and after looking at the prices, decided I could make a better one myself for cheaper, including all the flowers that I liked best. I destroyed the living room floor putting this together while watching 16 Candles, but it was fun, and I think the wreath didn't turn out too shabby either! Sumo also enjoyed himself, snatching up everything I sat on the floor and taking it to a safe spot to munch on.

     This is a real peice of art though. We saw this at the House of Blues and originally we were just complementing the individual peices of art, until we stood back and realized that it's one big peice all tied together by the individually unique smaller ones! How creative.
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger