Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thanks Mother Earth


Mother Earth showing off her beauty at last night's  game
      Happy early Earth day! In T+3 days, everyone will be gathering for festivities to celebrate Mother Earth and share ways to help conserve her. One of the ways Patrick and I do our part is by recycling. It's always bothered me to see countless plastics and cardboards thrown into the trash at the hospital; one can only image how many supplies are gone through daily! But I'm proud to say that Presby recycles and cares a great deal about educating their employees about recycling. Its the only hospital I've ever been employed for that does so. It helps me not feel so guilty for the "use once and throw away" policy. I'm a avid re-user, the left-over-queen, and have a crush on re-purposed junk made into treasures. Although I don't go as far as my father and re-use baggies several times in a row, I will take home my dinner date's food if they don't plan to and I do enjoy saving things for another time for when I think of something to make them into. Anthropology is my favorite browsing store. I'm always amazed by their brilliant flair to make anything beautiful. I'm always equally astounded at the price at which they value their creative creations, to which I photograph in my mind and sometimes my camera, in hopes of remaking similar objects for a thriftier bargain.  


I love my hunny!
 
      Last night's Ranger game was fun-tacular. The boys brought their A-game and we won, which is always great, as I continued on with  my mission to soak up as much of this enjoyable weather as possible before summer really sets in. It was 93F today and I could feel the heat in the wind, which makes me sad, for I dread the scorching heat of Texas summers. I also feel sad for all the families having to endure the fires right now. I have been enjoying the wind as a blessing, but obviously it's been more of a curse for some parts of the land. Some crazy girl sitting behind us kept spilling her amber beer all over us and she should consider herself lucky that I was in an exceptional mood. I love that the ballpark permits small soft coolers and so I brought us some homemade hot dogs and also enjoyed some more special kool-aid.  Which brings me to my next point, you HAVE to try pineapple vodka mixed with pink lemonade. It is delicious and refreshing!



Our Ranger Buddies
  
     This last Saturday after I got home from work, I took the dogs on a really long morning walk around the neighborhood and discovered a new little dog park hangout were they met some new friends.  Then I ate breakfast by the pool and took my nap outside waiting for the sun to warm things up. (I love to sleep outside, love love love it.) That afternoon, we enjoyed some fresh caught fried catfish and smoked brisket at our friend Ken and his wife's house. Them fools really know how to make my belly happy! Thanks Ken and D! Afterwards we came back to the apartment to be met by Patrick's sister Amy, one of our amazing nieces Haley, and a lovely family from Denten that Amy is good friends with. David played a part in helping me land my new job at Presby so fast (forever thankful to him) and I really enjoyed hanging out with all of them. We took them to our new Irish Pub hangout and watched them eat, since we had just came from the fish fry!  My only regret is how fast weekends always fly by. Stupid fast weekend. 






 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger