Friday, April 15, 2011

Endearing Beats Macho

     Macho men are fine and all; they help keep the world evened out, but I prefer the endearing kind myself. I love coming home to a sweet note or card or thoughtful gesture. The other morning I got home and when I got in bed I noticed a envelope on my nightstand (actually a filing cabinet, but when your cramped for space you make due!) Inside was a sweet "just because card" and the writing scribbled, "I just wanted to let you know I love you in a different way, so you don't get tired of me saying it all the time". I never get tired of I love you's, life's too short not to squeeze them in as many times as possible.
       Callie hates going to the vet. She's super smart and knows what's coming, while Sumo thus far, has proven to be the more simple minded type. I took them on Tuesday for their yearly exams and vaccinations and had a couple of things I wanted to ask about anyway. As it turns out, our Yorkies will always stand out from the crowd, which I prefer to think just makes them more special. First, they are larger than average. Weighing above the Yorkie average at 9.5lb is Callie Carruth! And now surpassing Callie at only 5months of age is Sumo Carruth weighing in at a whopping 10.2lbs!!!!!! Second, Callie's tail isn't docked, which is already unique, but now it's also crooked. Since Sumo doesn't have a tail, he remains fascinated by hers, and spends his pass time running up behind Callie and biting her poor little tail. Sometime recently he chomped too hart and dislocated her vertebrae, which is un-fixable. Third, the vet also informed us that after 4 months of age, the ear cartilage is already set in its ways and since we didn't take action soon enough to train Sumo's ears to stand, they will always be floppy. The good news is, he is adorable with floppy ears, the tougher news is we will just have to pay special attention to them and keep them groomed and very clean to prevent ear infections. 
     To make up for all the shots and probing, we went for a nice walk in the park after our appointment. The weather was beautiful and quite a few more people were out than I had anticipated. Callie and Sumo got way more attention than me, as usual, and made a few friends along the way. The best part of our walk for me though, was seeing all the dads out bonding with their kids. I guess it was mommy work day. There was one dad and toddler that stopped to see the puppies and they were too cute on the bike together. The little girl had on a pink helmet and pink sunglasses sitting in a chair that fit between the seat and the handlebars of her dad's bike and they were out looking for rabbits, squirrels and puppies! How sweet. One  little boy, probably about 6/7 years old, growled back at Callie when she growled at his bicycle (she doesn't like moving wheels), which I found his fearlessness adorable. Another boy, around the same age, jumped off his bike while telling his dad he was going to go pet the dogs, and after petting them both, he said, "Your dogs are just too cute". It was so funny and grown-up sounding coming out of his mouth. As we were walking back to the car, I listened as a little girl no older than 4 or 5 yapped her dad's ear off without stopping for breath as he was getting her bike out of the car and he just listening intently. All of those things......endearing to my heart.


Callie and Sumo at Arbor Hills Park. They wanted to play in
that pond.  My answer? Not just "no", but "HECK NO!"

One more quick note: my little boy is officially a man as of this week. He just started raising his leg to pee and burning out after a deuce for the first time yesterday morning. They grow up so fast!!!

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger