Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wearing Purple

     Date night = great night. We had a delicious dinner at HOB, including a super aimed to please waiter, $20 off our tab with our tickets, and getting jump to the front of the concert line without waiting since we ate in house! I'm not sure if I've ever been to a bad concert. The energy of live music is just infectious. I also love ethnically inspired music, especially when it makes my hair vibrate, like this concert did. The song "Burning Down the House" has ever made me crave a margarita,  but this super fun opener Latino band did a version that made my mouth water for one! They had 10 people in their band, which I thought was a lot. Gogol Boredello eventually came out and everyone was so fired up. As much as I love dancing and being a part of the experience, I know for sure that I am not a mosh-pit girl. Patrick and I sat safely behind our table as we watched people, in the midst of all the mosh excitement, wave their open bottles of water in the air, slinging the contents careless through the air. All I could think is how mad I'd be had I been the landing spot for all that liquid! The people-watching view was in full effect and as it turns out, we were the weird ones attending. I regretted not taking the opportunity to put Patrick's hair in hundreds of little pony tails and wear my torn mesh leggings with combat boots! Maybe we will make that happened for Edge Fest later this month. As far as instruments go, I don't think accordion players get enough appreciation. There's a sideways keyboard on one side, a thousand buttons on the other side and they play all of this while pushing and pulling the middle, not looking down, and with rhythm! Wow. I think the guy that stood in front of our table needed to go take a number 2. I hate when you're in a crowd and someone has bad gas. But we did laugh about it, since that's all you can do; and be thankful that it's not your own rumbling stomach, right?!
      On the subject of gas, (somehow it always comes back to that) Sumo did something so funny the other morning. All was quiet in the apartment, since I was about to go to sleep, and I had asked the dogs to go to their rooms (in the bathroom). Sumo was sitting on the tile bathroom floor looking up at me, when I heard this squeaky tooting sound.....he farted! He immediately turned around and starting sniffing his butt, like he had no idea what just came out of there. It was too cute. That was the first time a actually heard a dog fart. I know you're glad I shared.
     I'm so proud to find out the cast of Jersey Shore is getting paid $100,000 PER EPISODE this season to do nothing but publicly party and be scandalous, while the government cut MORE funding to the Education and Environment departments this week to people that we all know work hard to make under $50,000 PER YEAR. Who needs well educated children, grade school teaching jobs, and parks for our families to go to? If I cross my eyes hard enough, I totally see how cutting out the jobs of civil service workers and paying the entertainment industry an even more obscene amount of money is going to help our economy. We will all just live in La La Land! As much fun as I had tonight, this is still on my mind. I'm developing enough wrath to turn into a protester.
     If you ever feel like you need an energy drink, turn up your radio, open your mind, and with an nonjudgmental ear, take a listen to this band. If it doesn't muster some source of energy out of you, then check your pulse; you may be dead. 


 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger