Thursday, March 31, 2011

Catching Butterflies

     For whatever reason, it's always easier to remember the bad before the good. I believe the negative scratches our core so roughly that it ingrains it's memory almost permanently, while the positives, however, float by and if we forget to catch a few in our butterfly nets, we can end up with low self-esteems, resentments and regrets. (Speaking of butterflies: Our little Sumo was so cute the other day standing at the top of the hill on our walk chasing butterflies without a care in the world. He does everything in life so merrily!) I've never figured out precisely what I'm BEST at. Although I've always had the deep urge to find a niche and be the greatest at something, I can't seem to discover that gift. I think I'm pretty GOOD a several things, but that lingering desire for dominating a talent and finding greatness always leaves me with this feeling of dissatisfaction. I don't know where this feeling comes from, but it follows me like a ghost.
     Without being egotistical, I thought it'd be a encouraging idea to remind ourselves, that sometimes instead of being the BEST at one thing, it may to more beneficial to be GOOD at many things. So I made a list to remind myself why I should be proud.......of MYSELF, of course!

1. I had the brains to pick out a wonderful man to accompany me through life.
2. My courage- I've mustered the balls to take a leap of faith and be a travel nurse, to live in places I never thought I'd live, while crossing my fingers I'd have a job waiting for me on the other side. I'll never say no to a thrill ride due to it's scare factor. I'm not scared to speak my mind.
3. My Martha Stewart skills- I can put together a meal from any ho-hum pantry/refrigerator leftovers and make it into a gourmet meal. People always ask me what I put in my cookies to make them to swell and I just tell them butter Crisco they were baked with my love. My husband always tells me it's the best meal he's ever had.
4. Obviously I'm amazing  not the best, but I can play the piano, guitar, and harmonica and enjoy writing songs with my love.
5. I can talk about almost anything for a unlimited amount of time!
6. I'm pretty good at smiling.....and laughing.
7. Arts and Crafts- Give me a paintbrush, and pencil, some scissors or glue, and I can muster up a respectable work of art.
8. FashionABLE-  I've been told I can wear anything, and I usually do.   :)
9. Athleticism- I may not finish first or be the fanciest, but thoroughly enjoy my abilities to mountain bike, kayak, ski, wake board, knee board, hike, run, dance, and am looking for more to add to the list.
10. Decorating abilities- It may be eccentric, but I can quickly turn any 4 walls into a cozy, attractive, home.

     Next time you think someone else did something better than you, or you can only remember the negatives......... think harder. Did you use your net?

TTFN
   
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger