Thursday, March 24, 2011

Worldy Things

     I can't put my finger on the how, but the troubles of the world have really weighed heavy on my soul this week. It makes me feel achy and tired, inside and out. Most people that know me are aware of the fact I refuse to watch the news for obvious reasons. The majority of the gibberish they call "the news" is violent and depressing and my heart can't take it. My awareness of the world falling apart doesn't change anything but the weight of my heart. This past month, however, too many things have hit close enough to drown out the news noise. Lost loved ones, furry and human, car accidents, near misses and impacts, injuries, (not to mention the terrible devastation we all know as Japan).....My cloud nine world has briefly dropped to ground level and I most certainly felt it. When my family and friends hurt, I hurt. I could never be a reporter and keep my sanity. I breifly watched a reporter stand in a building full of dead bodies while families pulled up the blankets one by one, of hundreds, in hopes of discovering loved ones, and could only think to myself, "Why is he just TALKING about it....there's a whole camera crew WATCHING instead of helping them!" Some people ask me if my job is sad.....and the truth is on the contrary. I work in the type of unit that helps bring hope, generates tiny and big smiles daily and protects the little angels among us the best way that compassion and technology knows how. Very sad things my happen sometimes, as I experienced a couple of weeks ago, but we all find out sooner or later that it's impossible to shield yourself from sad things, even if you don't watch the news. All we can do is pray, and thank our lucky stars for our support system composed of family and true friends.

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger