Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feeling like a Fatty on FAT TUESDAY!

     So apparently "Mardi Gras" is french for "Fat Tuesday", a historically celebrated holiday to many for a last chance to eat rich and fatty foods............all the good stuff......... before giving those favorites up for "Lent" on "Ash Wednesday".  It's funny how we've diluted that holiday over the years to now being known for an exhaughsting week long celebration of tossing beads, flashing titties and getting trashed. The more modest public mearly gets "wild and crazy, but not too crazy" (a reference I like to use from a popular kpLOVE song, known as the Amanda Song), but I wonder how many people really know where the true reason of their celebration stems from.
     Today, I just decided to celebrate the "fat" part of Tuesday, and lay on the couch "to rest and prepare for my shift tonight", while catching up on my recorded episodes of Biggest Loser in hopes that it would motivate me to get my lazy tail up and hit the gym. It's ironic how the show motivated me in the exact opposite direction. Instead I conviced myself, "Well, I'm skinny compared to those people; it wouldn't hurt me not to go the gym today!" The longer I laid there on the couch watching t.v., the more difficult it was to peel myself from the coushins. When I finally made it to the gym, I went to the spa to plead forgiveness of my disorganization and while showing them an expired coupon (as of 3/7/11), asked if I could still redeem it for a massage or something sometime this week. She told me the only way they would still honor it, is if I used it today and the only service they had an opening in was for a pedicure, so I jumped on it! I went to the gym.......and got a pedicure. I must confess it felt great. Patrick said he would give me my massage for a discounted price, so I guess I came out okay in the end.    :)   I broke a sweat later at home with some Pilates, but who can do cardio after a Pedicure?!?!?! Not this chick.
     A ridiculous pet report: Sumo peed on the carpet today while he was laying down. A couple of weeks ago he peed in the bathroom while he was drinking from the water bowl. And after a good walk with he and Callie this afternoon, he peed in the hallway at the apartment complex. At this point, I don't know if its a boy thing, a Yorkie thing or a stupidity thing, but I do know one thing: he better consider himself darn glad that he is so cute. He knows how to sit. I guess we can celebrate that.

Look at that face!

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger