Saturday, March 5, 2011

Feelin' the LOVE

     It's a tad soon for my weekly entry, but I had something to express. I wanted to share my thoughts about the true kind of love that gives you that same warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you watch a romantic comedy or maybe even a read a Nicolas Sparks novel. It may not be wrapped in the same package or entail all the generic details, but that's not the part that counts. What counts is the the gesture that promotes the bond; that feeling of deep connection that's returned with an appreciation for each other's souls. Although that moment doesn't always have to come from the biggest of gestures, it can feel like the greatest of all deeds if done from the bottom of one's heart.
     If you still don't "catch my drift", here is a prime example of how anything can be romantic if presented in the correct fashion: It's coming home from an extremely challenging and stressful day at work to find the dishes are done, the laundry's been put away, the house is clean, the bed is neat and  ready for me to crawl into, with the comforter folded down, and the remote control and bottle of bengay laying by my pillow. No, the apartment wasn't covered in rose petals........I'd just have to clean all that crap up. It wasn't a gift that cost any kind of money. It didn't even have to be a sappy love poem. What made it better than any of those things was: it was the right time, the right way, and exactly what I needed. It wasn't expected nor requested. It was gold plated with love, silver lined with the proof that my husband takes the time to know what I like, and had the finishing touch of thoughtfulness. And that's why I like him. That's why I LOVE him. Little moments that mean big things to my heart last way longer than any other superficial object or thing.
     Lets all strive to do something from our hearts for someone we love everyday. You never know how much they may need it or how strongly it can impact their heart. 
Patrick let me dress him up and put makeup on him......that's my kind of romantic guy!

\
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger