Thursday, March 24, 2011

Smorgasbord

     Back to the adventures, since I have been slacking.......and so prematurely at that! For the first time in the history of mine and my cousin Allison's life, we pranced our way into the Dallas Zoo entrance (shortly after driving up to the entrance, turning around to flee from the outrageous parking fees, parking for free with high risk at the Micky D's down the block with a roof full of plastic zoo-livers among the ghetto of south Dallas, and endangering our lives by walking against traffic aside I35). Before we ever entered the wondrous world of zoo-ville, it was quite an adventure! We preceded to walk around the zoo and pose with animal statues....letting our inner "wild" loose......as if no one was watching, not forgetting to learn a bit more about African Wildlife along the way. We paid $3 each (a big deal for me, but it was worth it) to ride this trolley like train through the rest of the zoo that was unreachable by foot and have a commentator explain what we were seeing. I knew Allison was afraid of roller coasters, but to experience her fright on a trolley was first class hallarium to me! I'm not sure if I would had said it was worth the $3 without that kind of entertainment (just kidding, it really was)! We got to pet a very social camel, watch a baby monkey pester his momma, and learn why flamingos are pink. To end our journey, we met a talking parrot that made both of us giggle at the word "Hello" harder than either probably ever has at such a ordinary word. I don't know what makes the Fort Worth Zoo so special, but can vouch that the Dallas Zoo is worth checking out.
     Patricks parents and our youngest niece, Emily, also came to visit us. We had a can't go wrong fajita feast and Emily surprised Papa and I with a beautiful spring picture which is now artfully magnet-ed to our refrigerator door. On our way back home, she so graciously let me have the honor of reading her last log in the journal she is keeping. She wrote the sweetest things about coming to visit her aunt and uncle (that's us!) and talked about things that she remembered from the last time she came to our apartment. Her Granny and I were blown away of her attention to detail and vivid memory. She is so talented and I always enjoy being silly with her, even though my spot light was a bit overshadowed this time by the new "cool girl" (Allison).
     I recently discovered the dog park is a pretty decent place to meet people. We had a blast at Dave and Busters celebrating Allison's birthday with our new friends at the only place in town that admitted 20 years olds after 10 on a Saturday night! Acting like a kid is never overrated. It brought me back to the old days at Tilt with my Nana.

    My cousin Tiffini married her dream man last weekend. I'm proud to say I got to witness the occasion and it was a beautiful wedding. Weddings are so joyous. I love getting see that part of a couple's journey together, a small piece of the pie, but an important bite. Marrying my dream man and best friend was the best life decision I ever made and I pray that every wedding I witness is composed of two people that are bonded with that same concept.
     Well I'm sure that's more than you can handle for now. Hopefully my adventure with eye allergies is coming to a close as well. As much as I love spring blooms, these "shrimp trees" as my niece so gracefully put it, are putting my eyes to shame. Thank goodness for eye drops, thank goodness for antihistamine, thank goodness for cold rags, and pray for no bags!!!!! ha ha ha

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger