Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Perfectly Independent

    Happy Independence Day to the state of Texas! Independence from certain things are great! What would our life be like if Texas was still a part of Mexico?  That word can mean different things to different people at various times in their life. At this time in our lives "independence" was just last night when we broke away from all of our usual chores of the afternoon on a spurt of the moment adventure to Ra and had happy hour sushi and a few cocktails. It was a fantabulous time, just the two of us, trying something new and exciting and of course, being silly together. The weather felt amazing, so we sat out on the porch and we actually used chop sticks to eat our food, which was super challenging and not to mention hilarious. I had to wipe my nose off after every first bite when eating these amazing Viva Los Vegas Rolls! Another enjoyable aspect of the evening was not needing a "DD"; and no more dangerous bike riding after drinks anymore....for now. We walked home!  Just last year, we would not have been able to do any of this, so we are counting our blessings.

     Speaking of great weather and breaks, I really needed a break from the puppy training this afternoon so I donned my ity-bity-bikini for the first time this year to strut my stuff down to the pool and have a bit of TLC time with the sun. I can't describe how freeing it felt to lay down with my eyes closed, feeling the breeze blowing through my bare toes and the temperature be close to a perfect California summer day. I wouldn't be surprised if my blood pressed dropped right there on the spot. "Screw Yoga, that's not any where close to being as relaxing as this....not even a close cigar", I thought to myself. After a while, it was back to reality and getting the laundry done was my least favorite choice, but first priority.
     In a perfect world, I could only enjoy doing chores if I got paid millions of dollars in return. In that perfect world, happy hour date evening could go down every night and I only had to work 1 day a week...which would be enough to keep me grounded but not too much to get in the way of my daily plans. Given that this world will never be perfect, the last couple of days have been pretty close.  Here's a toast to celebrating our independence, from whatever it may be, and to making the effort to enjoy a part of each day as it was the perfect day!

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger