Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grooming Antics



Lucie sunbathing with her short cut
 
     I looked up the definition to "antics" and along with other descriptive words within the definition was "frivolous", which means to have little weight or importance. I thought it a relevant title to this post since I wonder everyday if most of my grooming efforts are frivolous at that. I've always considered myself a low maintenance kind of gal, but lately in all efforts to stay young as I more quickly start to approach my third decade in life, my routine is exponentially expanding in length and as an ironic result, making me feel more old! Just to prepare for bed I have 3 steps to washing my face, then it's the eye cream, cleaning my nose ring and gauges, flossing my teeth, and applying icy hot to my knees and feet! Every AM it's taking my multivitamins, joint supplements, fiber, and repeating my face cleansing and teeth hygiene. I'm not even talking shower time, makeup or hair; the last two are just on luxury days! That's one of the reasons why I LOVED having super short hair......wash and go, one less step, making it happen. In the coming months sunscreen will be added to the equation. I surely hope it's all worthy efforts; it would be a selfish tragedy to later find out it's not. Tell me I'm not alone here!
Callie hugging Sumo after our
actual walk in the park, with
their summer cuts!

     Speaking of grooming, a few days ago we held the dogs down in the bathroom and gave them "summer cuts". We decided it was time when we saw the panting early on during our March walks. Just wait until Sumo experiences his first Texas summer! He is going to hate it; Callie sure does! Patrick always stays on my tail about getting "scissor happy". I think I may have this time with Sumo, but he wasn't making it a walk in the park with all the biting and squirming. It was sad to see his puppy hair fall to the floor; off with the black and on with the gray....that's what we always say! Every member of our family has grey hair except me. Lucie doesn't know it yet, but she's next in line for our bathroom time, and THAT my friends, is always an adventure!






      
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger