Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Think Good Thoughts (Project Pretty Week:25 and 26)

(Project pretty is a personal commitment to share my weekly journey of keeping my non-New-Year's-Resolution: staying fit to improve quality of life while inspiring others to do the same. Let's all jump on the endorphin wagon!)

Ureeka, I think there's an end in site!!.....I hope, anyway......
After finally going to on ortho (who happened to be hunkalicious, for any of you single ladies with pending injuries) and getting the diagnosis of a plantar tendon strain with orders to take it easy for two more weeks, then gently ease back into running, I got a little excited and registered for another Half Marathon. The race entails cold weather running, which is my favorite, and a course through some pretty cool Downtown Dallas landmarks, plus I really liked how laid back my day was with the last local half. 
It's been weeks since I've been in the running game, so it looks like I'll be starting over from scratch, but given the fact it isn't until December, I have plenty of time to take it slow and steady, which will be worth it! 
On another note, I've been taking a new medication, Metformin (part of my "operation get fertile"), for a couple of weeks. It effects the insulin levels in my body and it's got me feeling majorly fatigued and extremely nauseated at all hours of the day. But hopefully, it too, will be worth it in the end.  The confusing part is I've totally had to abandon the Paleo ship to keep from going into a hypoglycemic coma, and I'm not sure how taking a medication instead of eating super healthy is really suppose to level things out.......but hey, healthcare is just an ongoing experiment, right? If I still feel like this in another week or two, I'm seriously contemplating throwing in the towel on this experiment. Patrick can only go so long living off of soup for diner, since that's all I cook anymore. Who knows, maybe diving back into running will add as a distraction.

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger