Friday, August 2, 2013

A Rambling Nutshell

Holy crap-o-ly I've been a busy lady. So busy, I didn't even notice I'd been locked out of my yahoo account for days, due to some suspicious something or another (and now I have ANOTHER new password to remember.....geez), causing me to miss quite a few emails!
source
You know those people who actually have crafting blogs? Well, I think they're flat out crazy. After loooong hours of crafting, the last thing I want to do is sit down and write about it, especially after completing 10 million projects in 3 days (okay, so that was a tiny exaggeration for the sake of my point, especially when, me, crafting, usually involves turning the entire house into a disastrous construction zone). Do you have any clue how many unplanned trips to Lowe's and Home Depot I had to make last Saturday and Sunday? I'm ubber thankful my Mom came to help with the slave labor I assigned her to and all the comfort food she conjured up during her stay. And really enjoying the shiny vehicles my brother washed for me while he was sticking around between being on call at work to help out with some muscle tasks. And I can't stop looking at how adorable our made-over guest bedroom is now. More on all that later of course....when it doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out to write about it.
source
In other news, Patrick's been sick (and I think I'm starting to catch it), so the soup legacy continues in our house. I stayed up with him after work for support and with only getting 2 hours of sleep in over a 24 hour period, finally crashed for the night, only to be woken up by him telling me I was breathing too loud (nose whistle). Then he woke me up a second time to tell me his medicine wasn't working and he couldn't sleep (misery loves company). He's curious as to why I keep telling people he has a "man cold".......so here's the educational video.
Speaking of sick, Lucie's had a bladder infection. I guess it was pretty horrid, because after two weeks of taking her to the vet for antibiotic shots and steroids, the infection still hadn't completely subsided, so now we're faced with giving her antibiotics by mouth and changing her food. Ever try to get a cat to take medicine? It's nothing like tricking a dog into thinking their pill is a treat. It's a pain in the you know what. Any by "you know what" I mean "that thing at the south end of your body that #2 exits from".
source
And I lost a toenail. Ouch.
A couple of days later, our air conditioner went on the fritz exactly 12 hours after I heard the radio people warning everyone about the triple digit heat advisory, urging the public to tune up their units and check on the local elderly. We woke up, after a stuffy and miserably restless sleep, to the thermostat reading 81F in our house despite the A/C running full blast. So I had to get out of bed at 0730 and blow up the phone of our landlord to make sure it was fixed before the triple digits read inside as well as outside. Just another day of lost sleep before work......
And speaking of radio people, I just can't believe Kidd Kraddick passed away last weekend. Kiss FM has been flooded with calls from people wanting to speak kind words about how Kidd touched their lives in some way and every story tugs at my heart strings. I've never cried over the death of someone I've never met until this week. Morning radio will never be the same.
Okay, whelp, that was my week condensed down to a rambling nutshell!
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger