Monday, July 8, 2013

Suburban Date Night Done Right

There is this whole amazing world revolving around delightful food, and it's been kept a secret from me my entire life. I don't know how long ago this conspiracy started, or who decided to not tell me about this amazing phenomenon, but now that I've been exposed, there's no turning back. 
If you're still in the dark, allow me to shed some light on your life. I'm talking about, traveling Food Truck courts, and not only are there several websites to tell you when and where they are gathering, but some of them also go into detail about the mouthwatering meals on wheels. 





Last week we met up with Tim and Lara, loaded our group into the suburban, and drove to the local Sprouts parking lot, where every first Tuesday of the month the food trucks gather and influxes the neighborhood hungries with their lawn chairs and cash. We spent some time investigating the overall feel of each truck with our senses and carefully made our choices.
For future reference, if you ever see a Ssahm BBQ truck, it's imperative you order the Kimchee Fries (they're covered in that spicy mayo sauced used on sushi). And if you have more room for fry flavor, the Yellow Belly truck has delicious sweet potato fries with a unique garnish and a dipping sauce that changes the whole game. And to think, all my life I just thought you had to get lucky to come across an event like this........so much precious time wasted!!!
What's left to do on a summer weekday night with a full belly? Go to the pool so the kids can entertain themselves while the adults have a couple of beers, of course! My only regret is not getting a picture of Tim's classic pencil dive!

Did you know about this food truck world?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger