Monday, June 3, 2013

Gas. Such is Life. (Project Pretty Week 17, 18, 19)

(Project pretty is a personal commitment to share my weekly journey of keeping my non-New-Year's-Resolution: staying fit to improve quality of life while inspiring others to do the same. Let's all jump on the endorphin wagon!)

My workouts haven't been anything to banter about lately. If anything, they've been one mishap after another. 
Like when I actually woke up early to go to yoga, only to remember it was the only day of the week that didn't have a morning class. Still determined to seize the moment, I headed to my gym for a pilates class, got to the room a little early and started stretching. Thirty minutes of stretching later, I realized no one showed up for the class......not even an instructor! Let me just say, it was extremely difficult to make myself get on a machine after 2 failed class attempts. 
source
Or like when Jessica and I got all dressed and pumped to go out for a run one morning after work and was actually in transit to the park, but the run never started because Bobby wouldn't answer his phone (he was suppose to be her ride), and we were worried he wouldn't show. Forced to hitch a last minute ride home, she found Bobby passed the F*** out, not even answering the doorbell, dead to the world, which proved sending her home was a good decision, since I had to be back at work that night and couldn't afford the lack of sleep to drive her myself. It was Saturday morning, so I just went home, put my workout clothes back in my gym bag, and got in bed to cuddle with my husband, which is way more fun than running anyway.
source
Another example would be getting an email from my gym to explain they were closing our current location and all the members were being sent to a different location a few extra miles across town. I go to the new gym, and totally feel like I'm on a first date.......a little cautious in the unfamiliar surroundings with new people, and reluctantly having to hold in a fart the entire workout because the new gym is just one intimate box......headphones or not, I was sure someone was going to hear the new girl blow a hole in her spandex. It's all about first impressions...... Revolving bubble guts are never conducive to a decent workout, especially not the abdominal focused ones, or a first date (thank goodness I don't have to worry about the latter of the two anymore). 
Sigh. 

Have you had any workout mishaps lately?? 


 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger