Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Best, My Worst, and a Lesson

I've always been adventurous. I like to keep an open mind and try new things. You may not know this about me, but when I was a freshman in high school I tried to play Volleyball. Coming from a small school that only had basketball and track, this was a stretch.
A week or two later, the coach pulled me to the side and told me it'd probably be a good idea if I tried a different kind of sport. I was asked to resign from the team!! They didn't even want me as a bench warmer!!! Same story with softball. 
Sure, I moved on and participated in things I didn't suck so badly at like basketball, track, cross country, and power lifting, but I've never been more than mediocre in any kind of sport. 
Luckily as a grownup, I've found friends who are more worried about having fun together than winning a game. 
We played some beach volleyball and literally laughed at each other the entire time, with a side of healthy encouragement to do better.
I'm even getting way more consistent at hitting the ball in the right direction and learning to serve like the pro-hot-girl-athletes do. 
My favorite picture of the day??? This great, "Duh......Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?", moment of us three all doing sometime ridiculous at the same time. 
Speaking of ridiculous, how many awful tan lines can one girl have so early in the sun season?? Sunscreen lesson #101: Don't get fried to a lobster crisp in a tank top and sports bra by the early spring sun. It will take forever to get rid of your phantom bra lines.
Sunscreen lesson #102: Don't use 100 SPF everywhere except your legs and then unconsciously wipe the residue off on your thighs. You will end up with permanent pale hand prints leading spectator's line of vision to inappropriate places.
While we played in the sand, our boys cooked us some amazing food on the grill. 
And then we took a little walk down to the Lake Lewisville beach to relax and cool off in the water, which happens to be the sport I'm best at. 

Which sports are you "best" and "worst" at? Do you have any tan line horror stories?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger