Friday, May 10, 2013

Wind in my Pigtails. It's the Small Things. (Project Pretty Week 15)

(Project pretty is a personal commitment to share my weekly journey of keeping my non-New-Year's-Resolution: staying fit to improve quality of life while inspiring others to do the same. Let's all jump on the endorphin wagon!)


All my running around on minimal sleep eventually caught up with me on Sunday and I crashed super hard. Patrick wasn't thrilled about my day long napping, but couldn't hold a grudge against this cuteness (which he couldn't resist photographing) for long. 
The puppies are loving the weather so much lately, they are completely content with just lounging outside......of course that excludes instances when they hear key words like "walk" or "run".....
But Patrick found my rollerblades, so I finally got out on my wheels for some full blown doggie sprinting!!
 I took them out to the nature preserve to cover a few miles and if a dog could smile, it'd be the only description suited for their faces. 
My pigtails standing on ends from the speed, their flowy hair parting back from their faces in the wind......we were living the life. 
I'm convinced if unleashed, Sumo would full on run about 20 miles before he ever slowed down...... 
.....especially when the weather is nice and there's plenty of shade to block the sun. 
Something super weird happened to me in yoga this week. Half way through class I started having some tingling and numbness in my left palm/fingers. 
I think the onset was during an extended hold of downward dog, but my memory starts to blur after I've been awake for 20+ hours. I actually think I fell asleep in final corpse pose, which only lasts maybe 3 minutes. A couple of days later it was just coming and going, but I'm interested to see if it flares up again in my next class. Did I mention I looked like a total sissy trying to do multiple sorry excuses for real pushups? I've really got to step up my arm game.... At least I was the only one in class who could get into the Bird of Paradise pose. Everyone's body is so different, and I've got to celebrate the few things my body excels at!!
Lastly, I finally found a taker to accompany me on my first outdoor run since the half marathon....it was hard....granted it was hill work after a 12 hour shift....but damn the devil it was hard!! They sky was gorgeous, though, and we were even graced with a few sprinkles to cool us off. The two miles of running followed by two miles of walking (because I felt like I was going to throw up if I ran another step) was the perfect after work workout. 

Have you ever had tingling/numbness in your hand associated with yoga? 

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger