Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Goodness: Weekly Wal-Lah

     I don't know about you, but aside from pizza, I could eat pork almost every day. Bacon, ham, canadian bacon, tenderloin, pork ribs, pork roast, pork butt, pork rinds! You get the general idea. When I used to go and stay with my Nana, in the summer as a kid, she would make me an entire pound of bacon for me to devour myself. I also remember my Mother cooking bacon on weekend mornings to luer me from beyond the coziness of my bedding. I got out of bed for the amazing food, but even then I had to fight my natural urge to stay up all night and sleep until the next day's afternoon.  She used to always ask me in confusion, "Why are you getting ready in the dark? Turn some lights on!"
     This meal takes a bit more invovlement the the last couple of Wal-Lah's, but it's very very tasty. The potatoes need to be started first, since they take the longest to cook, THEN start working on everything else, by the time you finish, the taters will be done!

Dish #1 Country Red Potatoes: Cover base of cast iron skillet with olvie oil, wash and diced desired amount of Red Potatoes and place in cast iron skillet. Pulverise yellow onion and carrots throw in with the red potatoes (I used my food processor, but if you want to work hard you can just chop). Season with Montreal Steak Seasoning, dried basil, and fresh minced garlic. Cook on medium/high to medium heat, stirring occasionally and  GENTLY, being catious to not destroy your potatoes. The bits and peices of onion and carrots will start to burn a bit, that's my favorite part (if you don't like little burnt peices, don't add the onion, carrots, or garlic until potatoes are almost done).

Dish #2 Mesquite Pork Tenderloin: Cut off any fibrous tissues, slice the tenderloin into about 1 inch thick rounds, and marinate in Liquid Smoke. Season with your favorite brand of Mesquite Seasoning and cook in a non-stick skillet on medium heat in a thin layer of olive oil, turning as each side browns and removing as soon as the middle turns from pink to light tan. Don't overcook it; you'll end up with dry, tough, blah-ness.

Dish #3 Juicy Veggies: In a non-stick skillet place even parts sliced mushrooms, yellow squash, and zuccini. Season with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Allegro Original Marinade. A couple of minutes before the tenderlion is finished, cook on medium high just until veggies are slightly soft but still firm.

Dish #4 Salad: Spring Mix salad in a bowl with diced roma tomatoes, gargonzola crumbled cheese and sliced almonds. Drizzled with Rasberry Walnut Vinegarrette.

    Wal-Lah! I ate my meat on my salad and Patrick had his on a sandwhich; either way, we both agreed it was amazing and well worth peeling ourselves off the couch for!
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger