Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Long Shot: World Peace


     Back in my shorty days, I had a mega-huge-botta-big-boom-crush on Alan Jackson. There's nothing like legs that go on for days to get my heart racing I guess, especially since I ended up marrying a man with long skinny legs!
     I remember NINE ELEVEN like it was last year. I was only a Sophomore in High School, so my immediate understanding of the seriousness the situation entailed was practically non-existant. We were cooking in Home-Ec. class and someone came into the class-room announcing a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. "Wow," I thought, "That's crazy." Not "how sad", or "how devastating", or "this means war". . . . . I just wanted to see what it that looked like. It wasn't until later that I sensed the reality of what had transipired. My heart still mourns for those families and I'm thankful to live in a country filled with brave souls that have the strength to stand up and be heros in times of need, sacrificing and risking their own lives to recover stranger's lives in such a terrifying moment in our history. We still have those risking their lives for our country, and I try everyday not to take that feeling of safety for granted.
     Just like a pagent queen, I always pray for world peace, even though I know it's a long shot. I am thankful for each extra day I get to spend with my husband, my family, my friends, and my animals. You all make my world worth living in! I hope others know the same love I've known, sometime in their life.


Do you remember where you were or how you felt on 9-11? What are you thankful for everyday?
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger