Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bok Choy and Curry Shrimp: Wal-lah

A few months ago I'd never heard of Bok Choy, and now I crave it. I've had a few people ask me, "What IS  it?" To that, I'd have to describe IT  as a green leafy Asian veggie with a mild flavor, served best stir fried with garlic and topped with a protein, otherwise known as pure awesomeness.......But that is just my opinion.

I enjoy experimenting with flavors, so I made this Bok Choy with fresh ground ginger and minced garlic, topped with curry seasoned shrimp, feta cheese and sunflower seeds. It was so delicious, I ate it for 4 meals in a row, and then licked the empty left-over bowl clean.......just kidding......or am I? 

Ingredients:

Greens:
Bok Choy (I used baby Bok Choy this time, but like the "adult" kind also)
Minced Ginger root ("Peel" it using a potato peeler, then "mince" it by sliding it on a cheese grader)
Minced Garlic (I cheat and buy the Costco size bottle of minced garlic)
Olive oil

Protien:
Shrimp, devained
Curry Powder
Lemon Pepper
Olive oil

Garnish:
Feta Cheese
Sunflower seeds


Drizzle skillet with olive oil. Clean and chop Bok Choy, then throw in skillet with ginger and garlic. Cook on medium/high until tender/wilted.
Drizzle skillet with olive oil, add shrimp and season to taste with Lemon Pepper and Curry Powder. Cook on medium/high until done/white.

Put layer of cooked Bok Choy in bowl, top with shrimp, then garnish with Feta Cheese and Sunflower Seeds to taste.

Now you're a regular ol' Asian. 

Wal-Lah!!! 


 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger