Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dillon 2 Months: Stupid Needles

Ugh. The dreaded day had arrived. Time for our 2 month old appointment. How in the world was I going to take this sweet, smiling, cooing boy, flashing his dimple at me, to the doctor to get 3 shots?!?!? The very thought just broke my heart into pieces, so I had Patrick come along, to help me stay strong. (It wasn't as bad as it could have been. Cuddles make 'most everything better.)
On the other hand, I was excited to see how much he'd grown. I knew by sight, he'd been keeping up with the summer weeds, and by physical standards in comparison to the much older girl's he'd hung out with, his hands and feet were twice as big, but the nurse in me wanted to see how everything looked on paper! Our suspicions were correct in thinking he's a big (and very healthy) boy!!!

Weight: 13 lb 6 oz AKA 85% on the growth chart
Height: 24.5 in AKA 95% on the growth chart
Head Circumference: 16.25 in AKA 75% on the growth chart

Since the beginning of this month we've been doing exclusive pumping and bottle feeding (both of us being treated for thrush was a real kick start!) which is a good and a bad thing. While it's a total pain being tied to a pump for 2.5-4 hours a day and having a million dishes as a result, being able to share the feeding responsibility makes my life a little easier. Right now I'm managing to supply 50-70% of his daily intake, depending on the day, and I plan on trying to keep it up as long as possible. It's not easy to keep from getting discouraged. My boobs take a whole 30 minutes to fully respond (sometimes a little longer), even with heat and massaging, with a let down comparable to a damn leaky faucet. The only thing that keeps me going is wanting to provide the best possible nutrition for Dillon's health and development.

Here are a few of Dillon's milestones/personality traits blossoming this month:

1. He's getting more and more fun to hang out with. He can have some quick mood swings, like his Daddy, but for the most part he's getting pretty smiley, "talking", and trying really hard to laugh. Like really hard. You can tell by the face he makes that wants to laugh so bad, but doesn't quite know how to let it out just yet. A couple of times he's woke himself up from a nap giggling a little bit, which is super cute.
2.  I'm at a loss on how I'm going to get him to take a nap on his own, since he currently only naps when he's laying on my stomach or in my lap......it's really sweet and I enjoy it, but I can see how it may pose a problem in the near future! He's been sleeping through the night for the last 2 weeks (with the except of 1 or 2 random nights when he briefly woke up for a snack)!!!!
3. He likes to tug at your soul a bit when he's eating by hanging on to your fingers and staring deep into your eyes with those deep blue iris'. And when he's not doing that, he's helping you out by trying to hold the bottle and pull it closer to his mouth, while also telling the world to "Rock on".
4. And one of his new favorite things, besides bath time is trying to stand up while getting burped.
5. I'm so grateful that Dillon is a good traveler, since we're always on the go for one reason or another.
6. He had his first hot date. Is 2 months old too young for dating?
7. He'll take a pacifier now, in desperate times, but only the kind I didn't want him to like.....go figure.
8. He doesn't mind sleeping in with me until noon as long as I feed him every 2-3 hours to make up for night stretches.....and there's cuddling involved.
9. He gets this really pitiful frown on his face and starts crying if someone/something scares him. It's almost just as sad as it is hilarious.
10. He's getting very grabby these days, and loves to pull on my tubing while I'm pumping. 




 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger