Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You Can't Always Get What You Want

It's not every day we get to see real snow instead of sleet and ice, but on Thursday morning it came down hard and fast (for Dallas standards), starting just about the time my shift at the hospital was ending.......perfect timing. 
Sheets of flurries swooshed over the road like a cross between mysterious fog blowing in the wind and ocean foam washing up on sandy shores, it's long crooked fingers stretching across the lanes in a beautifully unpredictable and never ceasing pattern, round and round. My eyes refused to grow tired, as they normally do during this usually mundane routine of migrating from one side of town to the other, but instead remained captivated on this gloriously cold morning by streaks of snow dust skating over the sands of a fiery desert. It's movement constant and fluid, almost like the ground beneath my tires had transformed into nothing more than a flowing steamy stream of water. It was an entertaining drive home, indeed. 
Such is the impression of driving home in the snow through the eyes of a Texan.
Unfortunately for me, the storm also brought with it a nasty nasty virus (a completely different one than  many of our friends had come down with) that broke it's way through my immune system while I slept and I woke up feeling and looking like death. Not willing to admit I was sick, I tried to brush it off as really bad allergies.
Besides, you can't always get what you want, but you can get crabs!!!.......Right? Right?!
Dusty had never been to Joe's Crab Shack and no one felt like cooking, so going out for dinner seemed perfectly logical. 
He was so excited about the new adventure, I was even able to convince him to pose with his lobster. Where the heck is my real camera when I need it?!?! Patrick's crab wasn't ready to be eaten, hanging on for dear life by clamping onto his earlobe!!!
After our fantastic dinner, we hit the sack for some much needed cuddle time with the puppies.
And cuddle time was about all it was, because I wouldn't be getting much sleep for the next several nights and neither would Patrick, due to my annoyingly worsening symptoms which eventually got so bad he had to leave me and sleep in our guest bed (sorry dear).

We're not the only adults that play with our food at restaurants, are we?

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger