Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Damask. Damask. Damask. Damask. Damask.

Say "damask" five times fast and that's exactly what I am. Or that's what I turned into on Friday the 13th after the brain fairy robbed me Thursday night in my sleep. Really, I should have known better than to try and be productive on such an omen of a day, but I don't tend to be superstitious. 
source
It started off with a morning coma. Dead to the world from a strew of days lacking in sleep, I subconsciously disabled my alarm clock, slept through several texts and cell phone calls, the house phone, the dogs barking, and finally woke up to the disturbing sound of our doorbell frantically ringing over and over and over again without recovery time. I jumped up in a frenzy of disorientation and ran downstairs as fast as I could find my feet beneath me. When I opened the door I found Lara standing there, smiling from ear to ear. "What time is it?" I asked.
"10:20."
"Oh my gosh. You have been trying to wake me up for 20 minutes?!?!?" Horrified at myself for never hearing a thing, wearing the shorts I threw on backwards (when I should have already been dressed and ready), and exposing a not-ready-for-a-guest-according-to-my-standards-house, I invited her in. Even worse, she's just as nosy as I am. Note to self: must clean house, ASAP.
Later that day, I thought I'd be a real grown up and get things accomplished. The priority on my list was getting my ticket from the beginning of the summer banished. Not willing to trust the postal system, I decided to hand deliver my defensive driving certificate and certified driving record to the Municipal Court, only to realize when I was walking up to the glass doors that I brought the wrong document. 
source
Pissed, I turned around to drive home, get the correct papers, drive back to the Municipal Court in a hurry to make it before 5pm, walked up to the glass doors once again, and this time actually looked up to see printed very clearly in white lettering "Monday-Thursday 07:30am-5:30pm. Friday 07:30am-11:30am."
SONOFABEE!!!
Scoring front row parking two times in a row probably would have made any normal person in their right mind suspicious, but the other cars parked near by for the neighboring courts threw me off just enough to spend 80 minutes driving across Dallas four times for the sole sake of feeling like a dumb ass. I actually finished wasting my gas just in the nick of time to meet Patrick and his co-workers for a happy-hour dinner, which was much needed. 
The book for this case was finally closed on Monday, but only after I waited until Patrick could bring my keys home during his lunch hour since I left them in the vehicle he took to work. Congratulations, me, for being so awesome. And when I finally got there with the proper paper work, I was treated horrible by a miserable person who searched me like I was a criminal and tried to ruin my day, but I ruined hers.......by killing her with kindness. In your face, mean ol' security lady. 
Third time's a charm, right?

What's the stupidest thing you've done lately?




 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger