Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl and Fruit Pizza Wal-lah!

Super Bowl weekend will forever hold a special place in my heart. 
It's the anniversary of the time I jumped out of a hot tub into a 4-foot pile of snow, in nothing but a itty-bitty-bikini, and back into the hot tub, losing my newly gifted engagement ring in the process (I hadn't even worn it for 24 hours yet and was it a few sizes too big). 
Some people may remember that weekend in Steamboat, CO for the epic amounts of snow, but to me it's the weekend my love asked me to spend the rest of my life with him, suspended in the air on top of a mountain, literally and spiritually
At the risk of becoming a one-trick-pony, I brought my old faithful dish over to the White House for this year's Super Bowl shenanigans
In my defense, it's been requested by the Mr. White I bare a fruit pizza with each visit.....and since my special recipe is both reliable and desirable, who am I to deny such a request for the sake of variety?
To be honest, just as I did those years ago in The Boat, I spent way more time drinking and blabbering 
to friends than I did watching the game, but the power loss episode was pretty entertaining.
 And just out of curiosity.......why was everyone on my social media bashing Beyonce's performance?? She squeezed in a ton a upbeat hit songs and danced her ass off with some pretty cool stage effects. It took all my self-control not to get up and try some of her moves.
 Despite the array of yummy food options available, complete with crawfish cornbread made by a New Orleans native, all Patrick could think about was ice cream, so we stopped at Sonic on the way home and got him a butter-finger blizzard. It would only make perfect sense that he dropped it while getting out of the car, spilling it on the driveway, right??? Good thing he was feeling greedy and ordered a large, so there was plenty left over in the cup to satisfy his craving (but you should have seen the look on his face when that cup when flying out of his hands). 


And as promised, here's all my secrets to the best fruit pizza in all the land.......



Fruit Pizza:

Ingredients:
2 bags of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies (I've tried a few different kinds of sugar cookie dough for the crust, and this works the best)
Cinnamon
2 Eggs
2 sticks of Butter
1 8oz tub of Cool Whip
2 packages of Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup of Sugar or desired type of equally ratio'd sweetener
2 TBS Vanilla
Orange zest (optional)
Fruit (I use grapes, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries)

Directions:
1. Mix the cookie dough per bag directions; sprinkle in cinnamon before adding the wet ingredients.
2. Lightly coat cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and spread dough evenly over sheet (The dough will grow/spread while cooking, so it's best to use a pan with edges to prevent cookie spills, but not too high edges or it will be hard to get the slices out later. I use a flat cookie sheet and make edges around it foil and it works like a charm, then the foil can be removed after baking the cookie.)
3. Cook cookie crust according to bag directions
4. Mix cool whip, cream cheese, vanilla and orange zest in container (use a blender), then chill in frig
5. Wash and slice fruit
6. When cookie crust is golden, remove from oven, set out to cool. After 10-15 minutes of counter cooling, may place in frig to cool  faster.
7. Just before consumption, cover crust with frosting/topping, and layer on fruit

Wal-lah!!

What's your must-have Super Bowl celebration food?


 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger