Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cotton's First Shower

The very sweet Toni Riley threw us a shower to get us started with all the things we need for Cotton's arrival. 
Somehow, I got really lucky and have a husband that actually goes with me to such events. 
It's really funny how ladies who never knew what they were having back in their baby-making days get so baffled today when someone decides not to find out the baby's gender. We're just killing them!!
Patience is really a dying art, along with cursive penmanship. 
Vickie made a flower arrangement symbolically filled with cotton.
And green sherbet shower punch is my favorite!!
I decided to be hip and not have a traditional baby book with a sign in page for shower attendees, and instead opted to snap lots of pictures......
Because, really, aren't pictures of smiling faces way better than just someone's name written on a page?
It was a come and go shower, so there was lots of mingling. 
Eventually the suspense of all the concealed presents in the corner started to get to me, and I made the announcement that we'd be unwrapping presents. 
Mem'ma wanted me to open hers first and when I pulled those bright pink onsies out of the bag, I knew why! She wanted to set the mood, making everyone aware that she KNOWS there's a girl in my belly. (She did pray for a little girl that looks exactly like me, right before I got pregnant. I told her that we didn't care what gender the baby was; just wanted a baby. She responded, "Well God knows what's on my heart, so I might as well pray for it out loud.")
But we all know she'll be head over heels to add another great grandchild to her list no matter what!
Haley and Emily sat up close and personal, keeping records for me and learning what everything was! They are going to be a huge help when baby Cotton comes. 
Digging in, we got lots of necessities, like crib sheets.....
a fancy carseat.....
a super amazing BOB Revolution jogging (we like to pronounce as "yogging") stroller and it's accessories......
and some gift cards that I don't even want to redeem because they're so adorable. 
There were lots of "ooo's" and "aahhh's" in between.....
and giggles.....
like when I made Patrick open the gift bag that looked like a diaper, just so he could ease into his new profession....
or when we were showing off all the beautiful blankets, burping cloths, and bibs my mom made and Patrick decided to try a bib on for kicks.....
and about the completely random yellow sticky notepad we found in my mom's gift bag, which we determined must have been from my Dad, since he writes his entire life on those things. 
And last but not least, was the special hanky bonnet Vickie made, something they have been making for the babies in the family for many years. 
Then it was time for some traditional pictures!!
My side of the family, including 3 generations on the Evans and the Stewart side...
Patrick's side of the family...
Cotton's Grandmothers, "Granny" and "Nanny"...
Cotton's Great Grandmothers, "Nana" and "Mem'ma"...
My flower girls, almost 6 years later.....
My Tina, the ol' roomie, and her Holden (who wasn't so sure about me, but did give me a fist bump before leaving, which I'll consider as a win).
And the Hintz's, who drove 6 hours roundtrip in crappy weather, just to see us for a couple of hours! Now that's love!
We are beyond thankful for everyone who came and all the generosity bestowed upon us!
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger