Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here's to making everyday life an Adventure!

     This family has had a lot of changes in the past few years. "Bodda Big Bodda Boom" changes. Dramatic changes! We love change though; it keeps life from becoming stale and reminds you not to just go through motions, but to remember everyday really does count. In the past 5 years, I became a nurse, Patrick moved to Plano and I followed my love, we got engaged, got hitched, moved to the west coast and got a dog, moved to south Texas, moved back to the west coast, moved back to central Texas where I changed nursing specialties, bought a house, sold a house, moved back to Plano and got another dog, and our cat Lucie has managed to tolerate us all the while (minus the time she tried to jump through the windshield on our 24hr drive to Los Angeles). Don't get me wrong, she hated my guts for a solid 4 months after we adopted Callie, and then full-heartedly protested to liking me for another year, but has finally realized that love rulz. Thankfully she didn't even flinch when we brought Sumo home. On the contrary, Callie pouted hard-core for an entire 2 weeks before she would even look at baby Sumo.
     Now that you know where we live and where we have lived in the past and know our kid's names, it's pertinent for you to know that we have an unlimited supply of mace, tazers and knifes throughout our happy-go-lucky home and am not scared to use them. (Shout out to my mother!)
     I'm currently listening to Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds talk about the time they did mushrooms. "Hugs not Drugs" that's what I always say, unless it's caffeine, or the sarcastically termed romantically poetic Kei$ha put it well when she said "Your love your love your love is my drug!". That's how I feel about the love Patrick and I have for each other. It's how we make every day life an adventure.
      Speaking of love, Patrick is currently letting me massage the side his face and head with my toes. That's real love right there; especially since I wore my Van's for hours today without socks on! I like to lay my legs on him when we sit on the couch and he usually passes time by picking the toe nail polish off my toes. I tell him not to but, but secretly like it. Not to be a movie promoter, since I'm not getting paid and all, but my mother and I saw a great movie about love today. If you enjoy cute funny flicks that have mushy feel good endings you must see "Just Go With It". The theater was full and we were all cutting up, with laughter, not cutting the cheese.
     So here's to life and keeping it fresh. I hope you all strive to enchant your own lives, even if it means being creative with your everyday activities!

TTFN (tah tah for now as Tigger always said).
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger