Monday, February 16, 2015

7.5 months: Ahhhh! He's Almost on the Move!

(The following post was written in the past, and never posted because our computer has been on the fritz and therefore my posts are naked of pictures. I'm giving up and posting everything anyway. So, sorry the the nakedness!!!!)

I've never wanted to laugh and cry in the same day as many times a week as I do now. We start off having great mornings full of milestones and activities and tickles and giggles and sunlight. Then afternoon hits and something changes.
Dillon is ready to be on the move. He's been rocking on all fours for a few weeks now, but can't figure out how to crawl; he's been fixated with standing for sometime. We literally have to forcefully fold him in half to get him to sit down, and this week he realized he could pull himself into standing position. The next day he did about 1 million squats while he played, up and down and up and down. Two mornings later, he crunched himself into sitting position from laying down, then continued to do it over and over again until he couldn't do it anymore. Two days later, he finally figured out how to push himself up into sitting position from his tummy.
He's dropped naps. We're down to one successful nap a day (with resistance), but we always try for two. Between his constant workouts, and cutting another tooth, I think he's so exhausted by the time afternoon hits, he's just lost all coping mechanisms and can do nothing but cry.
He puts his arms up in the air and waves his hands around to be picked up, being sure he catches someone's attention. Most days, he wants to be held about 90% of the time. I LOVE holding him, but sometimes he feels sooooo heavy or I need an extra hand to do something, so I have to put him down, and thus begins the fit throwing......ie throwing himself onto the floor, stomping his heels so hard he bounces, and/or screaming like someone has cut his pinky toe off with a dull spoon. This is a new kind of cry he's discovered; in the past he usually picked between fussing or yelling. I know one day soon he wont want me to hold him anymore. Just the other day I had him in the Ergo Baby carrier, but he decided he was much happier riding in the shopping cart. Again, it was a moment that made me happy and sad at the same time.

Here are a few of Dillon's milestones/personality traits blossoming this month:

1. When he's concentrating really hard on something he breathes really fast and hard through his nose. It's such a cute sound.
2. We started giving him baths the big boy way in the regular bath tub with toys and all, since he was starting to look like a beached whale in its infant tub.
3. Babbling is getting REAL. He babbles away and ends it all with, "Gah!", which I follow with, "Can you say Momma?" And he just smiles this adorably bashful smile. The yelling game is a house hold favorite. He yells, then we yell, then he yells, then we yell. It's gone on for as long as 10 minutes before!
4. He loves being thrown in the air, riding in big boy swings, playing "boo", and twirling really fast in circles while being held......anything that includes the element of surprise.
 5. When I sit in the rocking chair in his room and give him a bottle, he likes to very seriously put his hand on my face and play with my chin, nudging my face to go back and forth, away and towards him. He does this over and over until I giggle, then he runs his fingers over my lips and I nibble on them, and he laughs about that.
6. He wants to explore absolutely everything, which is making it almost impossible to pump during the day with him. Between fighting him over pulling the tubing apart so he can chew on it, or saving my pump from being dragged onto the floor, and trying to keep him from falling while he dives to reach other things of interest, I'm getting closer and closer to calling it quits.
7. The boy is finally starting to eat real food. He's explored carrots, green beans, bananas, apples, and oatmeal so far (things I would admit to the pediatrician). He also loves vanilla ice cream, any type of left over bone, pizza crust, multigrain chips, and sugar cookies (things I would never admit to the pediatrician). I've even given him pieces of clementines, resulting in priceless sour faces. He doesn't much care for sweet potato or avocado yet, but does enjoy practicing to drink from my cup (insert part where I go get a new drink afterwards, because I can't bring myself to drink all the backwash).
8. He's still charming the strangers.
9. Three words: 18 month clothing!!! He's been in 12 month clothing since he was 5 months old, so at least we got a little bit of use out of that wardrobe.......I can't believe how fast this boy is growing. 
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger