Friday, January 26, 2018

Dillon: 13 Months Old

 I'm writing this on the very day my Sweetness turned 13 months old. We continue to be trapped in a swiftly moving time warp. My baby is running. The little hard headed boy that refused to hold anyone's hand when learning to walk now comes to find me, grabs me by the hand, and pulls me to where he wants to go, which is almost always OUTSIDE (to the edge of the porch and grunts for a helping hand to step off.....to the swing, reaches up and grunts.....to the water hose and grunts....back to the porch and grunts for a hand to step on....to the fire truck, pats it and grunts to get in to be pushed around....to the other swing, reaches up and grunts......and away we go!). 

  If his request is refused, a great deal of window banging, grunting, and eventually yelling will invetibly transpire. My method of surviving Texas summers by hibernating beside an A/C vent is a thing of the past. Water tables, sprinklers, cool mist fans, splash pads, and swimming pools will now have to suffice. When is reverse global warming going to kick in?
Although he is a very cautious and methodical individual, he is exceptionally explorative in his comfort zone. A sensitive soul he remains, but is for the most part no longer getting his feelings so hurt when told not to do something (up until this point, there were always tears shed after the word "no").
Just today, I was getting ready for work while he rummaged through the bathroom......nothing out of the usual for us......until I noticed a suspicious movement in my peripherals. Amused, I watched him open the toilet lid, eagerly reach into a box of tampons and drop one into the bowl and then ever so carefully close the lid. Just as he was about to start the process over again I asked him, "What are you doing?!?"
He paused and stared at me briefly with those irrestable baby blues. I could see the "uh oh" look written all over his face. Then he turned back to the toilet, opened the lid, and started to reach in to undo his hard work, accepting he'd been caught.
"No, no, no. That's okay. Please don't play in the toilet."
I waited for the tears, but to my surprise they were absent, and after a moment of hesitation, he moved on. I could tell it was a difficult command to obey with such fun temptations at his fingertips, afterall, his favorite two passtimes are opening/closing things (espeically doors) and aiming his balls in the ball catching toys.
Other great passtimes of his include:
1. Trying to play with terrifying the dogs.
2. Feeding the dogs gourmet human food from his highchair, then dissapearing aroud the corner to eat the dog's dry food.
3. Carrying unconvential things around the house: wooden rolling pin, lawn chair, dog self watering tank, shower curtain rod, baseball bat, etc.
4. Pimpin' it like a boss during wagon rides
5. Rummaging through the cabinets and dragging everything out onto the floor.
I feared once the mobility really took off, he wouldn't want to be held anymore, but that's totally not the case with his boy. We still get our scheduled cuddles at least three times a day for a milk break, and, no matter how far or for how long he ventures off to play, he always comes back periodically to give a hug and be held. Even though he's a bit more sheisty with his kisses, I manage to get a few on command when I ask real nice and make the "mmmmmmmMUAH" sound. Big, open mouth, sloppy ones. The best kind.
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger