Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pizazzy Panini: Weekly Wal-Lah

     A few years ago when Patrick introduced me to Corner Bakery, I begged him to take me back the very next day, and we did, becuase he loves me that much. When I worked in California, he used to bring me lunch every couple of weeks and guess what it would be?!?!? Not hard to guess, it was Corner Bakery. When I worked in San Antonio I asked the locals where the nearest Corner Barkery was and they thought I meant an actual bakery that could only be located on a corner street. How sad for them. Long story short, I only order one thing, becuase it's that good: Chicken Pomodoro Panini with Tomato Basil Soup.
     You want to know how I know that my version was abolutely delicious? Patrick is a real whimp about temperature hot things, and always waits until it's practically cold to eat. But not this time. This time I looked over and he had devoured the entire meal and his soup bowl was still steaming!

Dish # 1 Roasted Tomatoe Bisque: In a large pot mix 3 (14.5oz) cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes, 1 (28oz) can of Crushed Tomatoes, 3 TBS crushed garlic, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup Half and Half, 4 TBS sugar (this neutralizes the acidity of the tomatoes). Season with black pepper, red pepper flakes, and basil to taste (the pepper flakes will really come out in flavor by day two, so don't get too carried away!). Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionaly. By the time you finish everything else, the soup should be ready. When ready to serve, top individual bowl of soup with Texas Garlic and Cheese Croutons.
Dish # 2 Chicken Pomodoro Panini: Step 1: Turn the oven on Broil. Cover pan with foil (for easy clean up), place chicken breast in pan and season with dired basil, montreal steak seasoning, garlic and herb no added salt seasoning; place in oven on bottom rack. Turn when chicken white, and remove from oven as soon as it's white on other side to avoid overcooking.

Step 2: Thinly slice Roma Tomatoes and place in olive oiled cast iron skillet. Season with black pepper and cook on medium high on each side until browned (these will be our sundried tomatoes).
Step 3: Mix in a small bowl 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 mayo to make special sauce.
Step 4: Apply to each slice of Sourdough bread the sour cream/mayo sauce, and basil pesto. Then on the peice of bread that will toast on the pan first, add provolone cheese, spinach leaves, sundried tomatoes, and sliced chicken; cover with other slice of bread and toast in pan on medium heat, flip and repeat. (When grilling sandwhiches, I just spray Pam butter spray directly onto the outter peice of bread and then I don't have to worry about melting butter.) 
Step 5: Place that yummy-licious sandwhich on a pretty plate with Sea Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips and serve with the soup.


     Wal-lah! Try not to drool over your plate before you set it down on the T.V. tray for a proper meal in front of 'ol tube.  Don't be intimidated by the steps, this is super easy! Now no matter where we live, I will always be united with my second food love.

     **And then we had butterfinger icecream with strawberries, bananas, and hot fudge on top for dessert! Yummy!**
    

 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger