Thursday, April 7, 2011

Music is Like Miracle Grow

     Seriously though, if you think about it, music really is like Miracle Grow for the brain. You know when you're studying for school or trying to learn all the policies at your new job and your head starts to hurt after so many hours and you begin thinking to yourself, "Do I really have enough space left in my brain for all this information?" Then you jump in your car and listen to some tunes and not only does your head start to feel better, but your body starts to feel better and before you know it, you've also learned a new song without even straining to think about it! You can also probably remember the words or melody line of a song you haven't heard in ages, but can't remember loads of information  if you haven't utilized it in your life for a good while. I think it's such a powerful force because unlike the shallow nature of information, music connects with us on so many different levels. It can be spiritual, emotional, energizing, empathizing, motivating, therapeutic even. I enjoy tons of varieties of music depending on what kind of mood I'm in, or what kind of mood I'd like to be motivated towards. It can help me finish a workout when I'd otherwise convince myself in giving up, get off the couch and dance when I would have been content as a vegetable, or bring back those very same feelings I had on my wedding day. I LOVE music. I love to play it, sing it, listen to it and feel it. Speaking of, I haven't much been a fan of Paul on American Idol lately, but he really rocked out "Folsom Prison" tonight. I was seriously about to get up and shake that booty, but I did shake a little leg.


There's popcorn lady in the blue!
 
     Last night Patrick and I went to the Ranger game and had a great time, of course. The wind was blowing like crazy, which made for a pretty darn chilly evening, but we came prepared and I wouldn't trade it for the blazing heat any day of the year! There was a interesting lady with poofy blonde curls fro-ing out of her sunviser sporting sun glasses at night setting to the left of Patrick who kept eating popcorn without regards to the wind blowing everything out of her hand on to me and Patrick, which made for a good giggle. Then she left for a while and came back with an entire tray of food and as she was eating it, it was everywhere, on her, blowing on to us and as if that wasn't enough, the smell of the brisket and nacho cheese covered french fries was brought to our noses by the wind every second she was eating them. We stood strong and held out for real food after the game though, minus my Lemon chill treat, which I absolutely enjoyed every bite of!


Showcasing the Chill
  



Masked Ranger Cheering Cape Guy
        I forgot to mention a couple of hilarious things that happened on Friday when we were at Opening Day. It was very sunny that day and so we had both been wearing sunglasses, up until the sun diminished behind our amazingly positioned seats. So when the time was right, I placed my sunglasses in the appropriate place (our bag), and Patrick had put his on top of his head. There were some exciting things that happened and I can't deny that we, as good fans do, jumped up and cheered a few times. Later during the game, we were cracking up about this obviously drunk guy setting directly in front of us that kept nodding off and as his head started to lean to the side Patrick noticed something strange and said, "Hey! Look at that!", pointing to some glasses hanging from the shirt of the napping drunk, "He has glasses that look like mine!" The guy woke up and when we mentioned how funny that was to him, he said "Yeah man, these just came flying out of the sky, aren't they cool!?" Followed by me saying, "Hey! Those are Patrick's, give those back!" To make a long story longer, we laughed about that forever; he was just going to keep them! One more shorter narrative: While we were at Hooters with Jessica and Bobby, all four of us were famined and ordered some appetizers, wings and fried pickles. The fried pickles basically came out as all of our meals did and in all the excitement, Bobby didn't realize we had already received the pickles and in a state of confusion asked the waitress, "What?! We didn't get no BONELESS PICKLES?", in which the waitress replied now also in a state of confusion..."Huh?" It took a moment to reorient the two of them, but for the rest of the night, everything had to be boneless.  Boneless beer, boneless french fries, you get the picture. Classic Comedy. Just classic.


Eating boneless pickles and drinking boneless beer
  TTFN
 

KpLoving It Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger